Transfering To Florida For The Winter

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Transfering To Florida For The Winter

The Mrs. and I are thinking about spending the winter in Florida in our Fifth Wheel camper this year. Probably after Christmas.

Can you give us some idea which would be the best the Atlantic side or the Gulf side. How far south and some idea for areas to find camping. We like camping ,fishing and metal detecting. We are not rich so money is a factor. Any information would be appreciated. Rick :coffee2:

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Re: Transfering To Florida For The Winter

Beverly Beach Camptown RV. You will not get closer to the ocean or ICW. The owner owns a swath of land from oceanside to the ICW.

captaindoug

May 1, 2011

sounds like you might be in the same boat as many of us in that money is an object. Beverly beach is very nice and right on the ocean, but guess what? And in the peak of the season. I live in the very center of the state, near Sebring, Granted it is 60 miles to the coast but that is either coast. Rough on one side, go to the other and because it is not on the coast the rates are much better. If I can help you with other info feel free to pm me.
Doug

OP
OP
Rockin Chairs Gold

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used

Thanks everybody for your information. It gives me places to research and get some prices. Thanks again. :coffee2: Rick

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It seems to me the farther south the warmer and clearer the water. HH

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fort Desoto park....near Tampa and St pete.......great fishing, tons of beaches nearby, on the water.

OP
OP
Rockin Chairs Gold

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used

lookindown said:
Fort Desoto park....near Tampa and St pete.......great fishing, tons of beaches nearby, on the water.

Advertisment says 14 days stay max. That won't do me much good when we are wanting to stay the winter. Rick :coffee2:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rockin Chairs Gold said:
lookindown said:

Advertisment says 14 days stay max. That won't do me much good when we are wanting to stay the winter. Rick :coffee2:
Sorry, I thought you might have been moving around to different spots during your stay.

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you are a senior, the "golden age" national parks pass allows camping at all national parks, national forests, core of engineers, etc... at half price.... 30 day limit, but you can stretch it on occasion? we stayed at ft. Pickens, part of the Gulf islands National sea shore, and they where very accommodating. can't detect in that particular park, but nearby Pensicola beach is a good spot...... either way you decide, HH.

OP
OP
Rockin Chairs Gold

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used

HH, thanks for the information about the FT Pickens Camp Grounds. We are members of the Golden Age National Park Pass and I will be checking this out. Again thanks for your help. Rick :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions