Daytona, Flagler Beach Area detector shops

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know there is a shop in Daytona, but dont know anything else about it. I am sure some of the guys here will let you know. Treasure Hunter should know, PM him.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
captaindoug said:
Hop on I-4, less than an hour to Kellyco

Probably your best best especially regarding variety and in-stock options. They aren't the cheapest, though. One model that a previous poster had asked this past week about, I found cheaper with a few minutes googling. It just wasn't cheaper by a few bucks either.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go to a Fishing Tackle shop and get a sand flea sifter. It'll do about the same thing. Kellyco would be the first choice but if you don't want the drive then the Sand Flea Sifter will do the trick. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking in the water, wet sand or dry sand, there is a difference as far as durability and cost, do you want long handle or short handle. Good scoop costs, be careful, a $60 long handle scoop is the same as buying a plastic shovel, it will break on you fairly quickly..

I do not know of any dedicated detector stores there, I do know OK pawn sells some supplies and
Wes is the man to talk to there.

O.K. PAWN & JEWELRY, INC
305 Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3146
(386)252-2372

Kellyco will have the largest selection......I also have a used long handle RTG aluminum scoop I use as a backup, I would sell it for $100.

Post when you will be there and I might be able to meet you there.....Might want to bring a backhoe, sand is still pretty deep there too.. :(

Southernstyle

Dec 17, 2010
Wess at OK Pawn is a really nice guy and will help you out as much as he can. Tell him Chris from Cayman Islands says HI, if you see him. I bought a extra scoop from him a year ago or so. As far as that area goes.....It's OK Pawn or go to Kellyco. Can't go wrong at either place though.

Chris

Treasure_Hunter said:
Are you talking in the water, wet sand or dry sand, there is a difference as far as durability and cost, do you want long handle or short handle. Good scoop costs, be careful, a $60 long handle scoop is the same as buying a plastic shovel, it will break on you fairly quickly..

I do not know of any dedicated detector stores there, I do know OK pawn sells some supplies and
Wes is the man to talk to there.

O.K. PAWN & JEWELRY, INC
305 Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3146
(386)252-2372

Kellyco will have the largest selection......I also have a used long handle RTG aluminum scoop I use as a backup, I would sell it for $100.

Post when you will be there and I might be able to meet you there.....Might want to bring a backhoe, sand is still pretty deep there too.. :(

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
A great area for Spanish cobs. My parents had a house a bit north toward the Matanzas Inlet. There is still an old fort there, although it is off limits to detecting, the nearby beaches are ok.

matj.jpg

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Neil in West Jersey said:
A great area for Spanish cobs. My parents had a house a bit north toward the Matanzas Inlet. There is still an old fort there, although it is off limits to detecting, the nearby county beaches are ok.

matj.jpg

I included additional information to your post. FYI, beaches north of the Matanzas access ramp. Detecting south of the Mantanzas access ramp is on federal property that is actively patrolled.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find a scoop you want and Kellyco has it they will match the price......<Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread