Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I wanted to say that I have been so fortunate here lately. Good finds will start to dwindle with the end of the season nearing. That's when I go back to dirt digging, mainly old homes sites. My last 2 outings were good. The first took place after work in the morn. I really put in a hard effort by searching every nook and cranny in the jumble of rocks and boulders that are a big part of my search area. After an hour and a half of collecting slaw and a water logged watch, I got a good signal by turning my coil side ways between to large rocks. I reached down with my flat bar and pulled back and up at the same time. I saw the ring fly up in the air and land on the rocks I had just flipped over. What a rush that is! She turned out to be a real beauty to along with another great pair of shades. These are called "Ocean Waves" brand, Cancun model. On there site they advertise there the best polarized sunglasses in the world. They listed for $158 and change but I found some on ebay for $90. I must admit that they are pretty nice shades and I like them as well as the Maui Jim's I found a short while back. My second set of pics are of my hunt from yesterday and a different location. I picked an area that I could see that items would settle and stay put. My hunch was right and soon I was holding the junk ring with the yellow plastic :laughing9: (its not even glass), then the tungsten(dark one), The 2 titaniums and the silver toe ring. All this found in 3 hrs. Still no gold in my pouch. I left the area and was heading to my car to load up. When I got to the trunk I asked myself, "Do you want to pack up or try one more spot?" You know the answer to that, I was'nt at the new location ten minutes and this nice 14k w.b. showed up in my hand. What a great day off! Thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 794
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 783
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 801
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 797
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 782
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 776
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some great spots to detect....river hunting sounds like fun.....is the water starting to get cold?.....mountain streams are cold to me in the middle of summer. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great finds! I started off hunting at a river beach. That's as far as I could go on my bike, back in 1974. We had great finds back then. I am now hitting that same beach and still picking away at good finds! Waiting for some ocean tides to change the sanded in conditions.

OP
OP
detectahead

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
You have some great spots to detect....river hunting sounds like fun.....is the water starting to get cold?.....mountain streams are cold to me in the middle of summer. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:
The last couple of times out I have noticed a change in the water temps

captaindoug

May 1, 2011
I must be a real wimp because the last couple of times out I also have noticed a change in the water, much cooler. Yesterday I ran into DEWGURU and we were both debating getting into the water due to it being too cold. I told him I drink alot of coffee on the way to the hunt so that I can keep the water warm.
We were both hunting Cearwater Beach FLorida.........................................

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Yes it is getting cooler for sure!! congrats on the haul. Love the gold ring on the top!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a great place to detect can tell from your pics. Water here in Ohio is getting to cold to get in I have to settle for dirt fishing for right now.......

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Outstanding gold congrats,
each week I watch as the temp increases here, my local tidal creeks clog with people each weekend (hopefully gold laden tourists) and I'm planning my attack.... for a noob it is overwhelming when I consider the possibilities and sheer volume of sand :icon_pirat:

Goldinwater

Nov 1, 2007
Hurst,Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Stingwray,Cz20, Excaliber, Spectrum xlt, Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two very nice rings, WTG

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used