Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been awhile since i used the Explorer SE so i thought since i only had a couple of hours to hunt why get wet. The water and wind lately had made it cool and wavy.... but wouldnt you know it, it was like glass out there and i didnt bring the Xcal. I had noticed some high tide cuts the huge waves had made. Started walking and right away i hit the small bracelet marked Italy 925. I could see where someone had already hunted most of the beach by dragging their scoop so i figured nadda to day. Then i hit some coins.... i was digging to China 16 inches plus. Ended up with around $3 of really green crusted coins. As deep as they were i figured i might get a piece of silver but it didnt happen. I ended up with a small silver peace ring and heavy silver earring. The ring isnt marked and hit just above foil at about 8 inches so i thought i had a gold ring. Im certain its SS. The other piece looks like an old neckless. Notice the tiny circles at the bottom there were copper loops before i tumbled it which leads me to believe there were other items dangling off this main piece. No marking anywhere.

Dew

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 898
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 965
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 971
Upvote 0
OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a field hunter and will always enjoy the unusual. Kind of went why we got into the antique business. Lot different here in Fl .... golds king.

Dew

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice finds Dew :headband: Is the ring a "spinner" ???

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, dewcon4414! :hello2:

I like that earring..and the large ring looks to be a "spinner" ?

Lorraine

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a careful look and it does appear to be a spinner. They are two distinct bans. Not sure i can get it to spin again but ive got it soaking. Lorraine... its a shame they cant loose both earrings lol... this would have been a really nice heavy pair. A month or so ago i found 3 COMPLETE sets. Someone must have taken them off so they didnt loose them.... lol that obviously didnt happen. Sadly all i can do is add it to my ARA pile.

Dew

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice treasure Dew...like the old stuff

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad hunt Dew....ya got some nice keepers.
Congrats.. Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got that spinner going. Used a water hose then put it in a small vice and used a rag and pliers. Took a second then used the water hose to finish getting the tiny sand out. Sweet one to add to my collection. Wished they made them in gold lol.

Dew

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure did make some nice finds......Matt

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety.....where did the most jewelery come from, the wet or the dry? :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly the dry.... but i was digging down so deep on a few of the coins that water was seeping into the bottom. The ring was in the really wet sand about where one of the lower tide lines was. I was hunting some rather deep erosion that had happened a couple of months back that i keep thinking about doing but hadnt gotten around to. I have no idea how deep one would have to dig to find a silver coin in that area. I had my fingers crossed with the deep cut in the banks and as deep as i had to go. Silver on the beach around here is a tuff one.... or at least for me right now ive not found the spot. Beach hunting has a bigger learning curve that just grabbing a detector and hitting the beach im finding out.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread