Bought AT PRO yesterday.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Ron, we all know you are a Garrett man, and you also don't pull any punches. Give the rest of us an honest review. Settings, depth, target separation, swing rate, etc. Is it chatty? Flimsy? Did you take it for a swim? or did you only cruise the lane?

Looking forward to your review.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say it aint so Ron - Thought I edu-muh-kated-ja better than that! :tongue3:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked out the new AT pro Gold! Not for me though, I like having Multi Frequencies! :tongue3:

SnT

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, I wish you much success with your new AT PRO

Lorraine

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. I sold mine in less than a week after realizing it just wasn't meant for the beach. That was an early model though, I've heard they've made improvements. Not a bad machine at all as long as you don't use it at a saltwater beach. Great coinshooter for the parks.

Aaron

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an AT Pro about 3 weeks ago, and it did fantastic at the beach,, the main problem I had was learning what it was telling me and pinpointing, But I figured it out very quick. In Pro mode I find it a little chattery because I try to max the sensitivity,. But the thing goes deep! I found some bottle caps at about 15 inches on my property the other day. Man that was rough. But I have gone over it thoroughly with my XLT and then an E-trac(not so thoroughly).

I am Very happy with this thing. And the finds at the beach has made my wife want to detect with me! So this looks to be her detector soon. (An Explorer is in my future :laughing7:)

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck mr ron

i too sold mine last week.

i sent it in for the new upgrades and never unpacked it.

i just never fell in love with it..........it did work fine for me here in the salt water, i just did not like the weight of it and would have keep it if i could have bought a coil with longer wire so i could at least belt of chest mount it.......my buddy bradly said it is not going to happen.

good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread