11-13 AM Beach...Gold switch ON!!!

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just knew after yesterdays hunt that there were some good targets to be had. Hit at the crack of dawn this morning and really put my head down! First target was a junk bracelet. That got me going even if it was junk, I was thinking JEWELRY!! After a few really green coins I got a whisper of a signal that I could only pick up every 2 or 3 sweeps. took out a scoop and it was stronger, but a bit broken. I am immediatly thinking deep bottlecap as is mostly the case with these types of signals. Another scoop, still in the hole, but signal is now sounding a little better...hmmmmm. 3rd scoop, its out. Kick the pile and the sweet sight of gold appears!!! Boy I wish I had a camera, the sun shining off of it looked soooooo pretty! Small gold band two tone white and yellow gold(explains the broken signal). I didn't see the stamp until I got home it is very worn but 14K!! After that I really slowed down and found quite a few more crusty green coins. Ran into the AT Pro newbie that I met yesterday and showed him the ring. All he had found was a quarter and some trash. I told him to scrub the edge and we parted in different direactions. An hour or so went by with not much to show for it when I got a nice solid signal that really sounded good. 2, 3, 4 scoops wow, gotta be a can or some other large junk. Almost walked but one more scoop and I saw it in the hole. WW2 shell that was VERY DEEP! I see ATPRO headed back toward me scrubbing the edge like I told him. He shows me a couple old greenies and I showed him the shell. We parted and ten feet further in his tracks I get a clean but deep signal. 3 scoops and I pop out the other 14k band! Turn and catch him to show it to him. I dropped it back in the hole at the same depth and had him try and get a reading. Nope. Nothing. I check again with the excal and yup, still a nice clean signal. Parted ways and headed home for a well deserved shower. Heres some pics, enjoy!

010-7.jpg

012-1.jpg

009-5.jpg

006-9.jpg

005-6.jpg

003-14.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

Upvote 0

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
StPaul,
Great work!! Two killer Goldie's!!!!
Love the whisper signals, in pp and I get whisper if it's in the first scoop it's almost always a piece of can slaw. when it's 2 or more scoops I start getting excited! Well your on a roll!! :icon_pirat:

SnT

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dew and SnT,

:icon_pirat:

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ever since you posted on my thread a couple of days ago that it's been a while since you found some gold, I've been following your hunts. I'm glad to see that you scored, not one, but TWO golds on the same hunt. Nice double tap you got there and those bands look amazing with a very respectable weight. I saw your one hunt with all those silver rings and said to myself.. "Gold is right around the corner with finds like that" and look at you now... Nice job :icon_thumleft:

Nate

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate,

That is much appreciated buddy! I love following your hunts as well and am waiting for a nice PLAT like you seem to get pretty regular over there!! Keep up the fine work!!

Aaron

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
WOW!!!!!! You have 2 great days in a row! Very nice gold rings. Keep it up!

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think they should make the gold switch bigger... I usually can't find it. Congrats - nice rings. ;D

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By "Scrub the edge" I mean keep the coil as close to, or in contact with the ground as you sweep. The closer the coil is to the ground the greater depth you will get, naturally. The "edge" as I am sure you are aware is the area where the waves are breaking(the "edge" of where the water meets the beach). This is also where a lot of targets get packed in due to the wave action.

Aaron

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess those At's are not all there worked up to be? Maybe his settings were wrong? Congrats on the great finds! :thumbsup:

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detectahead said:
Guess those At's are not all there worked up to be? Maybe his settings were wrong? Congrats on the great finds! :thumbsup:

Just goes to show -- discrimination is not a friend of the gold finder.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep 'em coming Aaron.....congrats
on your gold rings. sweet for sure.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions