Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Detector In The Closet Can't Find Gold

Yes' it's hard to find gold lately due to many factors but gold can't be found if you got disgusted and put your detector away and then moan and groan about not finding. If you go out regularly with the thought that anything above the great excercise you are getting is a bonus you will increase your chances of finding that elusive and beautiful item we call gold. Finding is usually directly proportional to the amount of time you spend looking. Look at the finds some of the members post, the ones that post the most are the ones that spend a lot of time looking. My hat's off to those who decide to hunt often rather than sit and decay on the couch.

AM I RIGHT OR WRONG?

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A Detector In The Closet Can't Find Gold

Much like learning a detector and being willing to dig pull tabs and worthless targets..... it comes with the territory. Maybe we should encourage more to sell us those expensive detectors at a cheap price since there isnt any gold out there ;D Dont know about the rest of you but spot melt keeps me looking and off the couch.

Dew

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Got to believe to succeed!!!!!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

TH'ers procrastinate a lot. Like myself, I wanted to go to the Beach today but i've waited too long in the afternoon to go now. I'm 2 hours from the coast so I'll try again for tomorrow morning and get out for a few hours.
Research is the key and I have some spots that will produce but can only be reached by boat and I don't like going by myself. Had recent hand surgery being one of the problems. Cold weather is approaching and another year will be over and 2012 will soon be here. Hopefully in the Spring of 2012, my hands will be healed, my Hookha rig is repaired and my health is still good. Good luck to ya'll. :coffee2: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• MVC-897S.JPG
    MVC-897S.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 733

AdamBuchanan

Jun 22, 2010
Keystone Heights, FL
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Agreed ! Ya gotta look for it if your gonna find it ! Like someone said the other day,, your just one swing away to an excellent day !

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real Pirates dont give up. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Alot of people simply get discouraged easily. It's not like it used to be, when you could go out, and if you had less than 5 gold items, it was a terrible day. You go now, in hopes of finding -1- gold item, and in most cases, don't find that one. It is what it is, but it ain't what it was.

Each hunt that you don't produce on, simply increases the odds of probability that you'll get it on the next hunt.

I get just as discouraged as the next guy. But I press on, still hunting 3-5 times per week. In the end, the results of my efforts paid off. Even today - I park hunted. For my efforts? $4 buck in clad and 9 ant bites. Ouch! You should've seen me drop trou in the park and do the got-ants-in-my-pants dance.

If you're not looking for it, you're not going to find it. Simple as that.

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree 110%. As a matter of fact I went out in the rain and the cold wind today with my AT-Pro. :tongue3:

It's waterproof to 10ft so a little rain is like nothing to it. I cam back after 2hrs, soaked to the skin but had fun and found some battery money and some finds I gotta clean to figure out if they are junk or not.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Finding is usually directly proportional to the amount of time you spend looking. Look at the finds some of the members post, the ones that post the most are the ones that spend a lot of time looking. My hat's off to those who decide to hunt often rather than sit and decay on the couch.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

True Story! The way I look at it is if I'm out detecting I've got a 50/50 chance of finding gold(I will or I won't) :tongue3:

If I'm sitting at home I will find no gold.

Heres to all those that press on and get out at the crack-o-dawn:30 and work it hard for the chance of that thing we all treasure....GOLD!!!

HH, Aaron

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OBN how old were you when this video was shot? I wouldn't mind having one of those PI 1000's to day.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

I was in my 30's, vid was shot in the 80's...I seen one a few months ago on EBay, last I seen it was 87 dollars and the auction was almost over..I see one again I will let you know..I had one, never found a thing, other then junk..

Apr 22, 2011
Long Island, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Excal II
Coinmaster Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No GOLD this year but I keep telling myself
"Hey you never know!"

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Ron there was a White's 1000 on EBay just a week ago. It has been up a couple times and no sale. Les you are right, if you go out and look, you have a chance, if you dont go out, no chance.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The best thing about a detector in the closet is one less detector on the beach finding my gold !!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most hunters today need instant gratification so if their detector screen doesn't say gold, they give up and go home. Those that have paid their dues and are now almost crippled from all that digging are the ones that don't give up. Get out as much as you can and things start to show up in the scoop.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman said:
Most hunters today need instant gratification so if their detector screen doesn't say gold, they give up and go home. Those that have paid their dues and are now almost crippled from all that digging are the ones that don't give up. Get out as much as you can and things start to show up in the scoop.

So true. I love the ones that give up easily. You can buy their new detectors cheap on Craigslist. ;D

Because I work full time, I can only get out once a week, ususally Saturday. And that day is almost sacred to me for treasure hunting, and everyone in my family knows it. :wink:

I just wish I had more days to hunt.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree con not find it sitting at home. Plus you got to dig all those targets. I had made some nice finds this year and and I have dug my share of trash. Hundred and hundred of pull tabs and pieces of foil. But it was all worth it...Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions