SEF or WOT on Sovereign GT???

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a new Sovereign GT on the way and was wondering what coil you all think is the deepest and best for the money? I am thinking SEF 12X15 or WOT. Thanks in advance! Also if anyone has one they may like to part with for the Sovereign, shoot me a message :wink:

Thanks,
Aaron

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have a SEF 12 X 15 coil with plug for a Sov, that I use on my Excal. You can try it if you want to see how it works. I use the stock 8" horseshoe coil which is a DD coil, as it is easier to swing underwater-especially if it is rough at all. On the dry, the SEF is king. Almost twice the sweep size. And deeper. And seems just as sensitive. Let me know. I dont want to sell it, but you can use it to see if you want one.

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use the wot... for the beach or colonial fields it is my #1 choice..heavy but i still prefer it to the 10 inch coil... many people prefer the s-12 over the wot...however i have not used one ... i find the wot is great for working the wet sand slope....

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve,

Thank you kindly for the offer! I may just take you up on it :) In the meantime, I just found a Helluva deal on a WOT so it is on the way! Hoping it and my Sovereign GT will arrive at the same time!

Aaron

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the SEF Butterfly 12x15", 15x18" and a WOT for my Sov GT, you will not go wrong with either of your choices... I switch off using them, WOT one time, the SEF the next time....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread