Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've been really patient the last few days. The tides are running negative now, so I have to take my opportunities when they present themselves.

Tonight I was supposed to get together with Rob (aka Soup), but he never called. I guess his woman kept him on lockdown for the night :tongue3: And my son Kendall punked out on me too... whining that it was too cold or some crap :laughing9: I guess I'm the only pirate in these parts. So that meant I was running solo... but I like it that way sometimes.

Hunted for about 3 hours... here's the plunder

4,627 yen $61
2 silver rings 12 grams

Nothing real big to brag about. I'm sure a platinum or gold ring will pop out soon. I just have to clean all the BS yen out first. But my vacation fund will greatly appreciate that. I'm saving all my precious metal so I can sell it and get me a Barrett M107

Thanks for taking a peek...

002-18.jpg

001-19.jpg

50bmg.jpg

Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like those silver rings, Bobbypins! :headbang:

Lorraine

Attachments

• Sniper.jpg
    Sniper.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 690
OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
h2ojunkie said:
http://www.barrett.net/pdfs/Price-List.pdf Add a few more grand for the scope.

Better start finding more gold and Plat cause silver aint gonna cut it. Just the .50 BMG ammo alone is $50/10 rounds. $380/80 per case. You even got a range that will let you fire it there?

I found a place that sells 50 BMG rounds for $2.25 each http://www.dsarms.com/50-CAL-Ammo---25-Rounds---50CALDSA25/productinfo/50CALDSA25/

And I also bought the RCBS Ammomaster reloading press so I could get the reloads down in cost too.

The cheapest I've found the Barrett was from buds gun shop, and they had it for $7,000. I figure that I'm half way there at the moment. Still need plenty more gold and Pt to finish it off though.

I'm just a contractor working in Japan, and only have a year left on my contract. You can't really own guns here (you can but it's a process and you can't keep them in your home). I just have my FFL hold things until I get home on a visit.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Bobbypins. It's a heck of a weapon and a blast(no pun intended) to shoot. With a high dollar scope on top one can really reach out and touch something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread