Round 4... Holy Midtone Batman

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
33 degrees, snow, minimal wind, day off, what the heck to do??? Ah, you will never know your limits until you test them! Off to the Fresh water lake again for Round 4. I was pleasantly surprised to see they had lowered the lake even more. I was walking on wet sand where 4 feet of water was two weeks ago. I could see all my scoop drag marks and that let me know how well I had covered the water two weeks ago. I started working the beach where I had left off two weeks ago and the very first target was a pleasing strong midtone.... Unfortunately, it is a Stainless Steel ring I think. Markings are INOX 316L.
A little further down the beach and I saw the area I had plucked 6 Hotwheels from, I knew I hadn't got them all and could see two peeking through the surface, found 4 more for a total of 10 out of one 3 foot area. I figure some kid capsized a float that had his cars on since this would be in about 6 foot at normal lake level. On I went and about an hour into the day, I got a midtone signal that went high tone on the backswing and then hit low/mid at a 90 degree sweep. I figured it was trash and almost didn't dig but since I was only digging good signals and hadn't had many yet, I dug away. Turned out to be another tarnished 14k womens wedding band. Fits my little finger perfectly. Of course, I got excited and stayed a total of 4 hours in the cold and snow but that was it other than a little clad, the small lock and the Batman action figure.

4 trips now to that little beach, 4 pieces of 14k from it. I seriously doubt there is anything left so I'll probably leave it alone and hit some of the exposed shorelines IF mother nature lets me. Wonder if I can handle the 25 degrees tomorrow morning???? LOL

HH
Cliff

Attachments

• IMAG0269sm.jpg
    IMAG0269sm.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0434sm.jpg
    IMG_0434sm.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_0436sm.jpg
    IMG_0436sm.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 565
  • IMAG0268sm.jpg
    IMAG0268sm.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 668
Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on those finds, CDVI :headbang:

Love the pics

Lorraine

tiggar

Sep 26, 2011
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
congrats !!! I guess that CZ-21 is doing fine !!!
HH

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy you got to love it , It was 80 here do day But I didn't git out and you did :headbang:

Jonnie

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahhhh memories, from ohio. been here in florida 6 months sure is different.
way to go, hardcore!

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We got this winters first snowfall today and you have inspired me to hit the beach anyway :laughing7:

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
I was actually sweating with all the clothes I had on.... ah the memories of shorts and warm water! I have problems with circulation in my hands and that was my biggest concern so I hit the sporting goods store and bought a pair of neoprene decoy gloves (long gauntlet style). Those with some disposable hand warmers between the glove and the back of my hands and I was good to go.... Thinking about trying the shoreline near the beach today.... or maybe just sitting in the warm house and watching some football.... :dontknow:

If plans work out, this time next year, I'll have a Florida address!

HH
Cliff

jmoe

Nov 19, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
More like Superman in that weather, nice finds

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are still some fantastic buys on homes..... and always will be im sure down here. BUT.... ive noticed the prices starting up and property transfers have went from a few to 2 or more pages in the paper. Might just be because of the snow birds but a real estate agent told us they have so many people looking right now they cant keep up. That place is really paying off.... lets hope gold stays high... if not im going to have some awfully nice display cases.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread