JUPITER INLET

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, I saw that yesterday, and it is not being pumped on, it is being trucked in. What a waste, and a total un-needed thing. It is not the same type of sand, and it covers the reef. They value the width of the beach, because it holds more tourists, than the reef or anything out in the water, like the treasure, and anything associated with the wreck. And they want to make sure that treasure salvors dont make any turbidity or blow anywhere near a reef-yet they cover whole miles of reef with sand. Hipocrits!

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I took a sample of the sand they are trucking in and dumping on our beaches at Jupiter. It is a medium to coarse grade construction sand. Its texture, consistency and color is completely different than the natural beach sand or the sand they pump in from offshore. You can see the difference on the Jupiter inlet cam.

http://www.evsjupiter.com/main.htm

This sand will be washed off the beaches (and over historical shipwreck sites and natural reef) long before hurricane season in June.

Tom

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes Tom, I looked yesterday at the JI webcam and saw dump trucks in the parking lot waiting to dump sand. Crazy! And stupid and wasteful. I wonder why they dont pump it from the North side of the inlet? It is shallow over there because of all the sand build up. Actually I wonder why they fill the beach in at all, unless it is truly going to wash out the parking lot.

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see on the webcam that the trucks are rolling in and "replenishing" bathtub beach too.

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary Drayton said:
I see on the webcam that the trucks are rolling in and "replenishing" bathtub beach too.
The sand that is put on bathtub beach seems to go back into the ocean within a couple weeks. What is wrong with the idiots who do this? They have a bunch of loose screws in their heads.
A couple months ago they dumped new sand on bathtub beach, and in 2 weeks - 2 weeks it was gone.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yep, they closed the beach down to fill it with sand, and as soon as it opened, the sand washed away and they closed it again and started filling it again. That was a month or so ago. Now they are filling it again. Crazy way to waste millions of dollars!

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
Smooth as ice
5.18.12.jpg

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, dump trucks full of non-local sand, power beach rakes and beach passes. You guys on the East Coast sure do things differently!
:icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread