Stealth and ProScoop.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
ron lord said:
Stealth S3i

I just looked up the Stealth S3i and it is quite impressive. I could not find a link to the scoop I use which is SS, 8" across and 12" deep with 1/2" holes all around (round bottom, not a Stealth). Several flaws with what I have. first, the welds broke between the top of the basket and the sides. Looks like the Stealth addressed that issue with turndown tabs that are welded to the sides. This completely changes the structural dynamics and I am sure significantly strengthens the top. I had to weld support tabs onto mine after the welds ripped apart. Second issue is the bottom of and lower rear of the Stealth S3i has smaller holes to help keep smaller targets in the scoop and still provide as much drainage as possible. Since all the holes on my scoop were the same larger size, I had to put a hardware cloth basket in the back of the scoop to help keep the smaller targets in the scoop. The only other thing I added to mine were a couple of magnets epoxied into the back of the scoop to help keep small iron targets from slipping through the holes. All things considered, I would definately get a Stealth S3i if I ever have to replace what I have.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my Suger sand S3i with 1 1/2 OD alum. handle with " t " top.

Attachments

• 101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg
    101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 567
  • 101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg
    101_1007 Stealth scoop.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 575

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one of those Stealth S3i scoops and have to say that it is a sand hog for sure. It might be better when you are in the water, but up on dry/set sand, it will give you a man size workout.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VWandSTUDEBAKER said:
I got one of those Stealth S3i scoops and have to say that it is a sand hog for sure. It might be better when you are in the water, but up on dry/set sand, it will give you a man size workout.

Agreed. Great in the water, but not so much on the dry stuff.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Water scoops really dont work at all on the wet sand or dry sand. You have to just about use a shovel on the wet sand, as all you are doing is scooping and dumping it out and breaking it up. In the dry sand you can sift, but the dry sand scoops have big mesh screens.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ron lord said:
Here is my Suger sand S3i with 1 1/2 OD alum. handle with " t " top.
The shell particles would never sift through those small holes on half the beaches I hunt.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use a Stavr, it has opened a whole new deeper world to me .... in the water...... anywhere else and like Stevemc said a shovel is just as effective in exposed wet sand as any upmarket water scoop. Mind you unlike a shovel, with a scoop you can still have MD in hand and dumping / kicking sand sideways to find treasure is cool when the goods appear after the swipe - almost as nice as seeing them caught in the scoop.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i DID A STORY ON SCOOPS - WILL PM YOU THE LINK :icon_thumright:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use it on the beach and in the water. It weigh 7 lb. and I have no problem with it . 40lbs. of sand is no big deal.

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
You can select the desired model of the scoop on my web site stavrscoop.com
sand-scoop-excavator-v11.jpg sand-scoop-evroexcavator-2-v22.jpg sand-scoop-monstrik-10-.jpg

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sand scoop.jpg So you need more one scoop. You need smal scoup , moyen scoop and big scoop. I wish you happy hunting.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean about the shells. Sometimes it just doesnt matter in those conditions as long as you can at least get into them. I like the Pro scoop on the wet sand.... in the dry those large scoop are tuff to drag especially when they get wet and partially fill up with sand. Make a selection based on what you intend to use it for..... i had and RTG 8" and replaced it..... targets kept floating out the top of it and it was hard to get into the shells.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread