MA beaches????????

OP
OP
G

gregofMA

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2004
I was wondering if there are any good beaches and sites along the south shore for finding relics or colonial era coins. I reside in Plymouth.

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
gregofma, you live in one of the oldest settled parts of the country. Just about anywhere could produce relics. Any harbor will have bottles and clay pipes, get up under some of the old warfs and you might find something. Check town records for drydocks loading areas etc. Good luck. Cladius.

eedipoluap73

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2004
Revere Massachusetts
Hi Greg, I'm from the North Shore of MA. Revere to be exact. Now I read your question and my thoughts are that if your looking for colonial finds you shouldn't be looking for beaches, you should be looking inland woods, feilds, lots, etc... There is a chance to find something good on a beach but not what your looking for, Although they all say TREASURE IS WHERE YOU FIND IT! Well anyways that's just my opinion.

Good Luck
HH
Paul O

L

lamp post

If you really want to find a beach to detect hit the library. I went just the other day and found some good info on some north shore beaches. Also try to find a book tiled something like the Islands of Boston Harbor, some what south I guess. Also research Chatham Beach read a tale of Pirate treasure buried there. Also some good reading is Buried Treasure of New England by W.C. Jameson

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread