I had to send my Excal II off for repairs, Thought Id make me a new shaft for Her!!!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
I had to send my Excal II off for repairs, Thought I'd make me a new shaft for Her!!!

Hello everyone, I had to send my Excal II back to Minelab because one side of the headphones quit working on the last hunt. While I'm waiting for it, I figured why not make me a new shaft for her while she's in the "hospital" LOL!! I used a little thicker walled aluminum tubing this time and I polished and sealed the finish so I think it should stay pretty for a while. I do mostly freshwater and that helps it to stay looking nice too. I space the Excall back a bit away from my elbow so I added a small piece of yellow foam for an extra bit of elbow padding.I swing left handed, and I have a tendancy to shake my scoop while it's over the lower part of the rod. The last rod constantly kept getting sand in it and it would jam up and not let me shorten it for travel, so I'm only drilling one hole in the lower Part( for the extended position) and I've devised a way to seal it off so that sand cannot get into it,yet I will still be able to push it in to adjust the rod shorter. I'm waiting for my Carbon Fiber "pistol" Grip assembly and I'm not drilling the holes to mount the Excal II until it's back(I'm still debating exactly how I want it to mount) anyway, I just thought I'd post a few pics and see what you all thought of my work. IMAG0530.jpg IMAG0531.jpg

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
:icon_thumright:Sweet, Like the polish Job...............looks longer then stock?

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. I wish you luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread