don’t be duped

donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark, tesoro tiger shark, tesoro cibola, goldbug se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just can’t understand this - it is wrong to be this way in the 21st century. I sent my sand shark to tesoro to fix a problem. When I called to find out what was happening I spoke with Robert. Something is wrong here - he was way too nice. He actually spent 20 minutes speaking with me. I will report him to tesoro management as he should’ve been repairing my detector! Don’t these tesoro people know that impersonal service beats customer satisfaction? What was even more frustrating to me was that Robert spoke english - impersonating an american - what’s up with that? I wonder what his real name is - and I’d bet I couldn’t even pronounce it. As hard as I tried to - I couldn’t catch him lying to me - but I’m sure I must’ve missed something.

Something is going on with tesoro - there HAS to be a catch somewhere here. I thought all night about what could be Robert’s motives. Nobody in customer service is that nice without having an ulterior motive. I know that Robert had to be trying to sucker me into something - but I am at a loss as to what it might be? Yes, I already called my credit card companies and had them replace my cards. I am going to the bank to change my accounts.

And no, it is not to tesoro’s credit that I have scooped my fair share of gold. I did the work! They did not just drop gold into my scoop. Why they sell their detectors at such a reasonable price is beyond me. Made in the USA can’t be that inexpensive. Their place in Prescot, AZ has to be a front.

My strategy is this - I will keep on buying tesoro detectors until I find out what their REAL objective is. When I finally bust them I will tell you all about it. No real company would allow their staff to spend 20 minutes talking to a customer when that staff person could be enjoying themself on facebook. I’ll bet you that the next time I call tesoro I’ll get a slick, sultry voice on the phone - but I’ll be ready for it.

As a fellow detector I felt it incumbent on me to warn you about tesoro. They HAVE to be up to something. Watch out for Robert - I just know he will lure you into something! He is really slick in pretending to care about you. Fore-warned is fore-armed.

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
donlor ,let me guess , your a vetnam vet with PTSD,if so calm down know one is out to get you.been there and done that.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good story, ...and good to see ..may have to get shark down the road......thanks for sharing

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is this an ad for tesoro? and a spanish named company that has english speaking representatives? really?
and finally was he really impersonating an american just because he spoke english? are you sure he wasn't from england? ha ha

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Donlor, Sometime before I bought my Shark I too talked to this character "Robert" at Tesoro. Kinda scared me. Understood everything he said. Not sure what's up with this guy he spent at least 30 minutes of his time answering questions and discussing MDing in general. He wanted to know how the weather was on the East coast? I'm pretty sure he gave me some "Top Secret" or at least "Classified" Information in the works for the Hard Wired coils. I'm sure they must have fired him by now. I think whomever filled that position has just assumed the same name "Robert". It's gotta make it easier and more cost effective. I've been of the same opinion about Tesoro, to keep buying them until I can figure out their devious intentions or at least undermine their system.

Oh, one more thing. Reality Check for you, my kids have informed me "FaceBook is pretty much out? It's all about Twitter & InstaGram now" . Just saying'.:laughing7:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate - those Tesoro people have been very great to me and Tiger Shark.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like good PR work to me.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you should not take such fakery!! send the detector back and let them know you see through there tricks!

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't like their PR work, Then why do you keep buying their detectors??????????????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread