Beach Finds with my China Sand Shark.....

MightyMouse

Sep 6, 2009
Weeki Wachee, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro
Got to the beach about 7am, Got my gear together and headed toward the beach. Went to go power my machine on and Opps left my batt. in my car,lucky i was only about 10 ft from my car so rushed back for batt. installed and powered machine on. Stayed in dry sand for most my hunt, did go to wet for a bit just to see how well machine would handle wet sand and salt water. I was suprised it wasn't talking back :) well at lease not as much as i thought it would. I had disc. turned off and running Sensitivity all the way up. Heres pic of finds.

Clearwater Beach finds.jpg

Coins.jpg

Mis.jpg

Ok now I'm going to talk about this China Sand Shark i bought for 60 from ebay. I think for the price i did good. I would not how ever spend any more then that for this machine. Places are asking 250.00 to 300.00 for this. STAY AWAY lol it's not worth it for that price. Now i was inpressed with how it preformed. I was running it with Sensitivity all the way up and no Disc on. I did air tests when i first got it and was disapointed with depth but when swinging it seemed like it was going a lot deeper then it did air testing it. A lot of the small stuff i was finding was about 4 in or more. Cans i was picking up at about 12 to 18in down. The weight of this thing is a killer. Coil is weighted for better swinging in the water and thats a good thing in water but dry, lets just say if i keep using this machine i'm going to have to learn how to swing lefty so my right doesn't become stronger then the left. It didn't come with an arm strap(which i,m use to on my QXT Pro. Going to have to find one for it. As for the waterproof thing goes well i put some waterproof silicone around the ends of the tube where threads are showing and some around the inside knob area just to be safe. Even though theres threads showing on each end of the tube everythings tight. I just didn't see where somethings going to be waterproof with threads showing like that. Other then that i think it's ready for a swim next time. Over all i think if you can get this machine for very cheap(or free) that it's an ok water machine. I had fun using it and think i would have more fun talking it in the water for some hunting. Heres some pics of the tube and the knobs i sealed. HH all and have fun

China Sand Shark.jpg

Top.jpg

Tube.jpg

Thanks for looking

Upvote 0

Megagold

Mar 3, 2012
Calif by the Bay
Detector(s) used
MXT- AT Pro- Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you find some gold and silver with it! A good price and many md's use this machine. HH

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunting and its no much life of your detector, i wish luck.

Stumppass

Nov 14, 2010
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II WOT coil / Minelab Excalibur 800 /Minelab Excalibur II 1000 / Pro Pointer
If you ever need parts I've got a dead one in sitting in the garage.

HH

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, it even finds Neosporin!
Wonder what Tesoro thinks of the use of that particular name ...

8-)

OP
OP
MightyMouse

MightyMouse

Sep 6, 2009
Weeki Wachee, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro
I guess you didn't like it that much.
I see you put it up on ebay.

Used Treasure Hunter Sand Shark Metal Detector. | eBay

For the 4 hours that i used it for at the beach in wet and dry sand I'm going to have to say it's a pretty good machine. I put it up for sale more so because i don't live near beach and i don't see how i will be able to get to the beach more offten then what i do now(which before this last hunt it had been at least a year lol)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread