Dectecting in Central Brevard county beach water

jukes23

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I live in central brevard county florida and was wondering if its legal to metal detect in the ocean around the beaches of melbourne? I know there is a wreck just north of the inlet, but I am looking at the beaches further north. I cant find any documentation about claims or active leases in this area.

Is there any websites or documentation (ie state website/material) that shows the locations of active leases.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a better question for the shipwrecks forum. If there's a claim they will know about it, also offer you a ton of info on the area wrecks as well as the laws. Collectively, you can't access more information then you can get in the shipwreck forum.....those folks are several warehouses stuffed with knowledge. :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted melbourne beaches north with no problems
Cant hunt space center, military base or national seashore, but never had problem with publc beaches from melbourne north except areas mentioned...

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detecting there is legal! you are pretty much legal to within a few miles north of sebastian inlet.

OP
OP
J

jukes23

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help guys. I was pretty certain that the beaches around melbourne were safe...up to a couple miles of 1/2 Reale Beach. Just need some decent weather to where I can get in the water now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions