Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tesoro Sand Shark test video

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2011
    Connecticut
    Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
    16 times
    Terry... there was no need to attack someone personally with your crack about where he did his test... you talk about people attacking the detector you enjoy swinging and make a huge deal when it happens.... talk about calling the kettle black.

You post that the SS is comparable to every PI under $1200 why don't you just put it in your signature to save yourself some time :lol:

What is the big deal if a more costly detector is deeper than yours? That is your biggest problem you can't accept what many know out there... and its your problem alone as people who hunt let their finds do the talking.

I don't care if some one is running a detector 3 inches deeper than mine if he can't hunt with it or doesn't really know how then I will out hunt him ... its all about the guy behind the detector...

I saw nothing wrong with the test I was impressed with the depth the SS was getting so why whine?

Variety is the spice of life Terry and not everyone wants to run the same machine.. I myself have 3 different brand detectors because they are a match for me and I like them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Again, we just disagree on who's "jig" is actually up - LOL! But I do want to thank you Hobbit! My friends, not one of them believed you would waste your time doing all these lame tests in your Mom's backyard all day, instead of going out and actually detecting! I'm $50 richer thanks to your needs. We are amazed at your drive, although in the future you should probably learn to prioritize just a bit better. I'm sure people can see for themselves now more than ever, that the $600.00 Tesoro Sand Shark, can hold its own on the beach with any other PI unit priced $1,200.00 or less. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Craig-PI; May 03, 2012 at 07:32 AM.

us
    Nov 2007
    So Gulf Coast, FL
    Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
    45 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Hobbit, EXCELLENT post and thank you for making an intelligent video!! Your video is how I like to test a detector, if I have the opportunity, before I spend my money to find out it is only marginal detector. I think your videos will speak much louder than those that are so brainwashed with brand loyalty that all they want to do is draw crowds to there hunting sites so they can try to impress everyone how great there machine is. They will also say the PI experts (Eric Foster) are all wrong because my machine is the best and it's not made that way. I have owned one of the marginal brand of detector you tested, but an earlier model and I thought it was a toy. Your video showed the SS is a very good inexpensive detector with very acceptable depth. Thank you for your honesty. I will be looking forward to your other videos. To bad the person that didn't think your efforts weren't to his liking, doesn't make his own video showing that his machine can do what yours can't.
    hobbit likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3372 times
    Metal Detecting
    I apologize for the personal quips about Hobbit's legs, sincerely. You have GREAT legs Hobb! Your video does a fantastic job of showing that you can pay twice what a machine is worth if you are willing to buy the optional dealer hype.

us
    Aug 2008
    West Coast
    Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I apologize for the personal quips about Hobbit's legs, sincerely. You have GREAT legs Hobb! Your video does a fantastic job of showing that you can pay twice what a machine is worth if you are willing to buy the optional dealer hype.
    I gladly paid twice as much to gain 5 inches depth over the SS... its not optional dealer hype, it's better performance, for a price.

Even after seeing videos proving that the Sand Shark isn't as deep, you still can't admit it...
    hobbit likes this.
    Garret Infinium LS
    Tesoro Tejon

us
    Jul 2010
    Gulf Coast Florida
    Tesoro Sand Shark
    456 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I don't see what the hoopla is all about.

It's 1 mans machine, in 1 mans hole, in 1 mans conditions.

I could use another Shark - wanna sell it?
    He who digs the most trash finds the most treasure! | Tesoro Sand Shark Fan Page

us
    Aug 2008
    West Coast
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DewGuru View Post
    I don't see what the hoopla is all about.

It's 1 mans machine, in 1 mans hole, in 1 mans conditions.

I could use another Shark - wanna sell it?
    Dew, you're no doubt a great hunter, but come on, just upgrade...
    Garret Infinium LS
    Tesoro Tejon

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3372 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Aka Nameless View Post
    I gladly paid twice as much to gain 5 inches depth over the SS... its not optional dealer hype, it's better performance, for a price.

Even after seeing videos proving that the Sand Shark isn't as deep, you still can't admit it...
    Show me the great finds you have made with the machine you claim is so much better than mine. I'm waiting... Do you want me to show you "some" of the stuff I have found with my poor little, not as good as yours Sand Shark? You and Hobbit don't seem to get it. You are not going to find anything that I couldn't find with my Sand Shark using any PI machine priced at $1,200.00 or less. Show us all of your deep gold finds AKA...

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    3372 times
    Metal Detecting
    When I was just a little boy, some folks came to my pappy's gas station and challenged me once.. Didn't really turn out well - LOL!

us
    Oct 2010
    58 times
    When I was just a little boy, some folks came to my pappy's gas station and challenged me once.. Didn't really turn out well - LOL!
    That is funny, because you squeal like a pig constantly. You must enjoy it!!!

us
    Aug 2008
    West Coast
    27 times
    Show me the great finds you have made with the machine you claim is so much better than mine. I'm waiting... Do you want me to show you "some" of the stuff I have found with my poor little, not as good as yours Sand Shark? You and Hobbit don't seem to get it. You are not going to find anything that I couldn't find with my Sand Shark using any PI machine priced at $1,200.00 or less. Show us all of your deep gold finds AKA...
    The state you live in has about 200 years more american history than mine, much easier to find gold where you live. The simple fact is that your machine isn't as deep as the rest of the PIs, just admit it and stop being childish. I already showed you a .5gram ring that I found at about 6 inches that your machine wouldn't even see.
    Last edited by Aka Nameless; May 03, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
    hobbit likes this.
    Garret Infinium LS
    Tesoro Tejon

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    3372 times
    Metal Detecting
    The state you live in has about 200 years more history than mine, much easier to find gold where you live. The simple fact is that your machine isn't as deep as the rest of the PIs, just admit it and stop being childish.
    Sorry, it took about ten-minutes to stop giggling like a little girl. That's your answer? You and Hobbit are going to take me to school, and that is your answer? Oink-Oink, Squeeeelllll!!!! LMAO in White Plains!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	632074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	summer2011.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	398.9 KB 
ID:	632073   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SixRings.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	632072   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	632071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	632070  

us
    Aug 2008
    West Coast
    27 times
    7 pieces of gold in 2 years...how impressive. Consider yourself lucky that you live in one of the oldest, most densly populated states in the US, that allows you to find your shallow gold.

PS. I've found just as much gold, in less than a year, you can dig through my posts on friendly forums if you want to see them.

Edit: finding shallow gold doesn't mean anything by the way, if you cant admit that having 5 inches less depth than the other PIs isn't a big deal, well... to each his own I guess.

I'm done arguing, Hobbit's videos proved everything.
    Last edited by Aka Nameless; May 03, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Garret Infinium LS
    Tesoro Tejon

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    3372 times
    Metal Detecting
    7 pieces of gold in 2 years...how impressive. Consider yourself lucky that you live in one of the oldest, most densly populated states in the US, that allows you to find your shallow gold.

PS. I've found just as much gold, in less than a year, you can dig through my posts on friendly forums if you want to see them.

Edit: finding shallow gold doesn't mean anything by the way, if you cant admit that having 5 inches less depth than the other PIs isn't a big deal, well... to each his own I guess.

I'm done arguing, Hobbit's videos proved everything.

That is minus the $2,800.00 in melt that I sold to my local jeweler, and was all dug in my first year as a beach hunter AKA. You are not done arguing, you're just done. All I have said - all along, is that the Sand Shark is equal to ANY other PI machine priced at Twice the price ($1,200.00), on the market today. If you want to pay twice as much money, and get no lifetime gaurantee - Go For It! Just stop telling newbies the Tesoro Sand Shark is a "second rate" machine.

OK, it's been fun and I'm sure you guys will throw in your last words. EVERYONE knows who I am, and where I stand. God Bless! Metal Detecting, Gold prospecting, Treasure Hunting

us
    Aug 2008
    West Coast
    27 times
    That is minus the $2,800.00 in melt that I sold to my local jeweler, and was all dug in my first year as a beach hunter AKA. You are not done arguing, you're just done. All I have said - all along, is that the Sand Shark is equal to ANY other PI machine priced at Twice the price ($1,200.00), on the market today. If you want to pay twice as much money, and get no lifetime gaurantee - Go For It! Just stop telling newbies the Tesoro Sand Shark is a "second rate" machine.
    Sure buddy... and you just forgot to take pictures of any of it... Uh huh...

I hear you sell bridges too...

The videos prove that the sand shark gets 4+ inches less depth than the other PIs on the market, how do you figure that is equal to the other PIs? You're so stubborn it's not even funny.

The videos don't lie, the Sand Shark is mediocre.
    hobbit likes this.
    Garret Infinium LS
    Tesoro Tejon

us
    Jul 2010
    Gulf Coast Florida
    Tesoro Sand Shark
    456 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Dew, you're no doubt a great hunter, but come on, just upgrade...
    I've tried a number of machines -- Simply put, none of them have produced for me quite like my Sand Shark has.

I already showed you a .5gram ring that I found at about 6 inches that your machine wouldn't even see.
    I'll have to disagree with this, purely based on the wide array of gold i've found the same size, and smaller, much of which is for public review and displayed prominently here: http://www.facebook.com/TesoroSandShark/photos not being a photographer of the really smalls, you can find what I consider to be 'nuscience' gold, under the 'Fresh from the pouch' albumn. Keep in mind, it's still a work in progress.

The videos prove that the sand shark gets 4+ inches less depth than the other PIs on the market
    Not taking anything away from his exercise, the video shows an average performance, based on his machine, and his settings in his environment. The real performance is best proven in the field by actual use, and the return on effort, IE: the finds. I'm not one to contend the Shark is the deepest, however, it's provided me with loot deeper than I ever want to dig.

The Sand Shark is mediocre.
    I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Still, I am in the market for another shark (the 3rd), so if anyone is disappointed with their machine, I have cash.

Happy Hunting!
    He who digs the most trash finds the most treasure! | Tesoro Sand Shark Fan Page

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsors