All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gladly paid twice as much to gain 5 inches depth over the SS... its not optional dealer hype, it's better performance, for a price.

Even after seeing videos proving that the Sand Shark isn't as deep, you still can't admit it...

Show me the great finds you have made with the machine you claim is so much better than mine. I'm waiting... Do you want me to show you "some" of the stuff I have found with my poor little, not as good as yours Sand Shark? You and Hobbit don't seem to get it. You are not going to find anything that I couldn't find with my Sand Shark using any PI machine priced at $1,200.00 or less. Show us all of your deep gold finds AKA...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was just a little boy, some folks came to my pappy's gas station and challenged me once.. Didn't really turn out well - LOL!

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
When I was just a little boy, some folks came to my pappy's gas station and challenged me once.. Didn't really turn out well - LOL!

That is funny, because you squeal like a pig constantly. You must enjoy it!!!

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS, Tejon, F3, CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show me the great finds you have made with the machine you claim is so much better than mine. I'm waiting... Do you want me to show you "some" of the stuff I have found with my poor little, not as good as yours Sand Shark? You and Hobbit don't seem to get it. You are not going to find anything that I couldn't find with my Sand Shark using any PI machine priced at $1,200.00 or less. Show us all of your deep gold finds AKA...

The state you live in has about 200 years more american history than mine, much easier to find gold where you live. The simple fact is that your machine isn't as deep as the rest of the PIs, just admit it and stop being childish. I already showed you a .5gram ring that I found at about 6 inches that your machine wouldn't even see.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The state you live in has about 200 years more history than mine, much easier to find gold where you live. The simple fact is that your machine isn't as deep as the rest of the PIs, just admit it and stop being childish.

Sorry, it took about ten-minutes to stop giggling like a little girl. That's your answer? You and Hobbit are going to take me to school, and that is your answer? Oink-Oink, Squeeeelllll!!!! LMAO in White Plains!

Attachments

• G2.jpg
    G2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 141
  • R1.jpg
    R1.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 119
  • SixRings.jpg
    SixRings.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 132
  • summer2011.jpg
    summer2011.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 122
  • R2.jpg
    R2.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 119

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7 pieces of gold in 2 years...how impressive. Consider yourself lucky that you live in one of the oldest, most densly populated states in the US, that allows you to find your shallow gold.

PS. I've found just as much gold, in less than a year, you can dig through my posts on friendly forums if you want to see them.

Edit: finding shallow gold doesn't mean anything by the way, if you cant admit that having 5 inches less depth than the other PIs isn't a big deal, well... to each his own I guess.

I'm done arguing, Hobbit's videos proved everything.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
7 pieces of gold in 2 years...how impressive. Consider yourself lucky that you live in one of the oldest, most densly populated states in the US, that allows you to find your shallow gold.

PS. I've found just as much gold, in less than a year, you can dig through my posts on friendly forums if you want to see them.

Edit: finding shallow gold doesn't mean anything by the way, if you cant admit that having 5 inches less depth than the other PIs isn't a big deal, well... to each his own I guess.

I'm done arguing, Hobbit's videos proved everything.

That is minus the $2,800.00 in melt that I sold to my local jeweler, and was all dug in my first year as a beach hunter AKA. You are not done arguing, you're just done. All I have said - all along, is that the Sand Shark is equal to ANY other PI machine priced at Twice the price ($1,200.00), on the market today. If you want to pay twice as much money, and get no lifetime gaurantee - Go For It! Just stop telling newbies the Tesoro Sand Shark is a "second rate" machine.

OK, it's been fun and I'm sure you guys will throw in your last words. EVERYONE knows who I am, and where I stand. God Bless! Metal Detecting, Gold prospecting, Treasure Hunting

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is minus the $2,800.00 in melt that I sold to my local jeweler, and was all dug in my first year as a beach hunter AKA. You are not done arguing, you're just done. All I have said - all along, is that the Sand Shark is equal to ANY other PI machine priced at Twice the price ($1,200.00), on the market today. If you want to pay twice as much money, and get no lifetime gaurantee - Go For It! Just stop telling newbies the Tesoro Sand Shark is a "second rate" machine.

Sure buddy... and you just forgot to take pictures of any of it... Uh huh... :laughing7:

I hear you sell bridges too...

The videos prove that the sand shark gets 4+ inches less depth than the other PIs on the market, how do you figure that is equal to the other PIs? You're so stubborn it's not even funny.

The videos don't lie, the Sand Shark is mediocre.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dew, you're no doubt a great hunter, but come on, just upgrade...

I've tried a number of machines -- Simply put, none of them have produced for me quite like my Sand Shark has.

I already showed you a .5gram ring that I found at about 6 inches that your machine wouldn't even see.

I'll have to disagree with this, purely based on the wide array of gold i've found the same size, and smaller, much of which is for public review and displayed prominently here: http://www.facebook.com/TesoroSandShark/photos not being a photographer of the really smalls, you can find what I consider to be 'nuscience' gold, under the 'Fresh from the pouch' albumn. Keep in mind, it's still a work in progress. :D

The videos prove that the sand shark gets 4+ inches less depth than the other PIs on the market

Not taking anything away from his exercise, the video shows an average performance, based on his machine, and his settings in his environment. The real performance is best proven in the field by actual use, and the return on effort, IE: the finds. I'm not one to contend the Shark is the deepest, however, it's provided me with loot deeper than I ever want to dig.

The Sand Shark is mediocre.

I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Still, I am in the market for another shark (the 3rd), so if anyone is disappointed with their machine, I have cash.

Happy Hunting!

tazz1

Apr 28, 2011
CT
Detector(s) used
Dual Field
Sand Shark
E trac
Excal 2
Sov GT
Tek G2
Tejon
Well, I just put my sand shark in classifieds for trade. To be honest, I've found A LOT of gold with that machine, its sent me on 2 vacations (nothing fancy) and payed for a Sov GT, Excal 2 and a Dual Field. The Sand Shark will always be one of my all time favorites......... but it took only one trip out with the Dual Field to realize that they really aren't in the same league. A year ago I probably would've blindly defended the SS but now I get it. Well worth the couple hundred extra.

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
I don't see what the hoopla is all about.

It's 1 mans machine, in 1 mans hole, in 1 mans conditions.

I could use another Shark - wanna sell it?

I will go one better...if you shoot a credible video of yourself proving some of the outlandish claims of the depth you get with the Sand Shark on real gold, I will GIVE you my Sand Shark with the 8 inch and 10 inch coils. I mean it.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will go one better...if you shoot a credible video of yourself proving some of the outlandish claims of the depth you get with the Sand Shark on real gold, I will GIVE you my Sand Shark with the 8 inch and 10 inch coils. I mean it.

I'll do ya one even better -- come on down, and be shown in person. Bring the shark with ya! My cam (tachyon) has no audio. Free room n board. Nothing "outlandish" about any claim. Proof is in the pudding, come on down, have a beer, (and pudding) and scoop ya some!

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
I've tried a number of machines -- Simply put, none of them have produced for me quite like my Sand Shark has.

I'll have to disagree with this, purely based on the wide array of gold i've found the same size, and smaller, much of which is for public review and displayed prominently here: http://www.facebook.com/TesoroSandShark/photos not being a photographer of the really smalls, you can find what I consider to be 'nuscience' gold, under the 'Fresh from the pouch' albumn. Keep in mind, it's still a work in progress. :D

Not taking anything away from his exercise, the video shows an average performance, based on his machine, and his settings in his environment. The real performance is best proven in the field by actual use, and the return on effort, IE: the finds. I'm not one to contend the Shark is the deepest, however, it's provided me with loot deeper than I ever want to dig.

Still, I am in the market for another shark (the 3rd), so if anyone is disappointed with their machine, I have cash.

Happy Hunting!

Shoot a video of yourself proving your ridiculous claims of the Sand Shark's performance and I will Give you my Sand Shark with the 8 inch and 10 inch coils. You claim to find gold items at an "average depth" of 12 inches with your Sand Shark. For this to be true you must find many gold items in excess of 12 inches with the Sand Shark. Just prove it. I am sure you have a video camera. If not, you seem to have found enough gold to afford to buy one. Prove your claims. Still pictures prove nothing about a detector's performance. Set up a controlled test like the one I have shown and actually prove it. I WILL GIVE YOU MY SAND SHARK. I MEAN IT. No funny stuff, empty hands other than the item being detected. Easy. Should be really, really easy. You should be able to shoot it tomorrow in a matter of minutes. I shot the videos of all the tests I did in around an hour.

OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
I'll do ya one even better -- come on down, and be shown in person. Bring the shark with ya! My cam (tachyon) has no audio. Free room n board. Nothing "outlandish" about any claim. Proof is in the pudding, come on down, have a beer, (and pudding) and scoop ya some!

Weak. Really, really weak. You can get a Sand Shark with two removable coils for free and you won't go out and spend 30.00 at wal-mart for a video camera with audio??? This isn't about proving anything to ME. This is about all the people you constantly mislead about the Sand Shark's performance. I know what the truth is. And so do you. That is why you won't shoot the video.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weak. Really, really weak. You can get a Sand Shark with two removable coils for free and you won't go out and spend 30.00 at wal-mart for a video camera with audio??? This isn't about proving anything to ME. This is about all the people you constantly mislead about the Sand Shark's performance. I know what the truth is. And so do you. That is why you won't shoot the video.

You call me weak, I call you scared. It takes a large set of nads to call someone a liar to their face, apparently you've not got a set, just another keyboard cowboy. I have been nothing but cordial to you, in all your attempted bashing posts (which account for over 50% of your total posts here at tnet btw) while you do nothing but try and have a pizzing contest. What better way to resolve your differences than in person?

You've got your panies in a wad, because you put your foot in your own mouth, attempting to misquote me (and others) in an attempt to spin your opinion in your favor.

My photo history (as provided previously) completely contradicts your documented, quoted claims, of the Shark not finding small gold. Including your own video test. Don't get upset because your machine won't and others will. Luck of the draw. Deal with it.

The start of your apparent tangent, is seen in this thread where I made the following statement:

"I have to respectfully disagree and have the finds to show otherwise. I get an average depth of 1 foot, on both my 8" and 10" sand shark coils. Deepest target having been around 2 foot. Personally, I don't wish to/have the desire to, dig any deeper."

To which you replied in this thread

an average depth of one foot on what? All targets? Thin gold chains? Nuisance gold earring backs? Aluminum cans? You get the same depth with both the 8 inch and 10 inch coils? That is very interesting...It actually makes me seriously question your other observations.

to which I replied in this thread

Yep. All targets. Coins, Chains and Earrings included, come in regularly at over 1 foot. Aluminum cans - Don't dig many of them, but the few I do, their super deep as well. I stated "I get an average depth of 1 foot, on both my 8" and 10" sand shark coils." I did not state they get the same depth. The 10" coil gets a -slightly- deeper gain over the 8" and the 8" has a -slightly- better sensitivity over the 10". Question all you like. Thems the facts.

You continue to rant and rave, as if I had told you every single target I dig is over a foot, when nothing remotely close to that was stated. Perhaps a bout of remedial reading 101 is in order for you.

Let me break it down and clarify it for you so even a first grader can understand it:

I can regularly hit a target at 1 foot (on average) on a multitude of various targets.
I can regularly hit small/fine gold, using both my 8" and 10.5" Sand Shark Coils.

At no point and time did I state anything other than exactly that.

Perhaps instead of attempting to negate (and or) bash another -- Your time would be best spent out in the field, actually utilizing your machines, making great finds, instead of trying to question that of another, or attempting to put words in anothers mouth to best suit your agenda.

Offer still stands. Free room and board. Bring the shark that you have such discontent for, I'll have the video camera, and the poster board for you to hold stating "Holy Crap - DG was Right!" for all to see, we'll have a beer, and call it a day.

Aka Nameless

Aug 13, 2008
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Happy Hunting!

I detest the Sand Shark mostly because of how Terry claims it is the best machine ever... and fools newbies into thinking they are getting the deepest machine on the beach.

I gotta say though, Dew, you have class. Much respect to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
You call me weak, I call you scared. It takes a large set of nads to call someone a liar to their face, apparently you've not got a set, just another keyboard cowboy. I have been nothing but cordial to you, in all your attempted bashing posts (which account for over 50% of your total posts here at tnet btw) while you do nothing but try and have a pizzing contest. What better way to resolve your differences than in person?

You've got your panies in a wad, because you put your foot in your own mouth, attempting to misquote me (and others) in an attempt to spin your opinion in your favor.

My photo history (as provided previously) completely contradicts your documented, quoted claims, of the Shark not finding small gold. Including your own video test. Don't get upset because your machine won't and others will. Luck of the draw. Deal with it.

The start of your apparent tangent, is seen in this thread where I made the following statement:

To which you replied in this thread

to which I replied in this thread

You continue to rant and rave, as if I had told you every single target I dig is over a foot, when nothing remotely close to that was stated. Perhaps a bout of remedial reading 101 is in order for you.

Let me break it down and clarify it for you so even a first grader can understand it:

I can regularly hit a target at 1 foot (on average) on a multitude of various targets.
I can regularly hit small/fine gold, using both my 8" and 10.5" Sand Shark Coils.

At no point and time did I state anything other than exactly that.

Perhaps instead of attempting to negate (and or) bash another -- Your time would be best spent out in the field, actually utilizing your machines, making great finds, instead of trying to question that of another, or attempting to put words in anothers mouth to best suit your agenda.

Offer still stands. Free room and board. Bring the shark that you have such discontent for, I'll have the video camera, and the poster board for you to hold stating "Holy Crap - DG was Right!" for all to see, we'll have a beer, and call it a day.

This is a "copy and paste" from another thread:

"
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Smudge Depends what you mean by "small gold". If you're talking about something like the back of an earring, I don;t think there is a detector made today that can find one in the wet salt sand. If you're talking about small gold rings, the answer can really vary from beach to beach based on salt content and ground mineralization. Though expecting 6"-8" does not seem a tall unreasonable. As to gold chains, you have a similar problem. No PI or vlf detector really hits on these unless the clasp on the chain is large enough or if there is a pendant attached to the ring that the detector can lock on to. You'll likely notice that gold chains tends to be the least found of the valuable objects pulled from the sand, no matter which detector you are using.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Smudge
Depends what you mean by "small gold". If you're talking about something like the back of an earring, I don;t think there is a detector made today that can find one in the wet salt sand.

We find them here on a regular basis with the Shark. I consider them to be nuisance items.
JMW likes this.
Since 01/01/12 72 Rings (23 Gold, 32 Silver 17 Junk) - Tesoro Sand Shark
He who digs the most trash finds the most treasure! | Tesoro Sand Shark Fan Page

This quote is yours: "We find them here on a regular basis with the Shark. I consider them to be nuisance items."

This is just one example. Here is another "copy and paste", the quote is yours :

"Yep. All targets. Coins, Chains and Earrings included, come in regularly at over 1 foot. Aluminum cans - Don't dig many of them, but the few I do, their super deep as well"

Here is another, from just a couple of posts ago, the quote, once again is yours:

"
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Aka Nameless I already showed you a .5gram ring that I found at about 6 inches that your machine wouldn't even see.

I'll have to disagree with this, purely based on the wide array of gold i've found the same size, and smaller, much of which is for public review and displayed prominently here: http://www.facebook.com/TesoroSandShark/photos not being a photographer of the really smalls, you can find what I consider to be 'nuscience' gold, under the 'Fresh from the pouch' albumn. Keep in mind, it's still a work in progress.
cheesy.gif

Lets see you detect that .5g gold and ( smaller !!!) ring at 6 inches with your Sand Shark...

Last edited:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I detest the Sand Shark mostly because of how Terry claims it is the best machine ever... and fools newbies into thinking they are getting the deepest machine on the beach.

I gotta say though, Dew, you have class. Much respect to you.

Well said AKA, well said.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, those are my quotes. (As I gave previously).

Lets see you detect that .5g gold and ( smaller !!!) ring at 6 inches with your Sand Shark...

Been there, done that. Proven time and time again in the multitude of photos available for your perusal from within the comfort of your own home, or again, by taking advantage of the offer I extended you previously for a first hand viewing -- and this week is an especially nice time for your visit, as there are negative tides for 7 days. You'll not chose the later as you've not got it in you to publicly admit your wrong. Thats ok. You'll not be the first, nor the last.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions