The Big & Small of Surf Hunting

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me you big fellas got it made when surf hunting. I can only imagine what it would like to be able to stand fast in the pounding surf like a human anchor. Mind you, pounding surf for me is little more then a mild rush of water, anything creating foam has the effect of white water rapids. Yep, I’m a small guy, a virtual cork within the sea’s ever-changing currents. You big guys stand on the back of your scoops and they go down. I stand on the back of my scoop and I simple appear to be a few inches taller. I’ve had women leave the beach on account my curious bobbing up and down in the water as I’m trying to force my scoop into the sand. But these are things you big guys would know little about, so allow me to enlighten you a bit further.

You big guys see a few pelicans cruising overhead, you simply see them as a beautiful sight. Me…I instantly switch into predator-prey mode, and I’m not the predator. While a shark might catch your attention, I have to worry about crabs and fish mistaking me for a floundering shrimp. While stepping on a stingray is certainly no fun for anyone, I’m here to tell you that falling inside a conch shell isn’t exactly a party. You big guys don’t like it when people bother you on the beach with their curious and often stupid questions, I don’t like it when an eight year old walks up to me and demands that I let him play with my, “cool looking laser gun.” I’ve actually picked sand out of my rear for a month after being forced INSIDE the sand castle! Kids can be so mean sometimes. And this is the big and small of surf hunting. Us small guys really do earn every piece of gold we dig.

However, it’s not all bad. I can actually tug on a beauty queen’s g-string and they think it’s cute, look up at them crying, tell them I’m lost and they’ll grab me by the hand and gently walk me to beach patrol. Let me see one of you big guys try that!

Happy Surf Hunting!………….Scoop

Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!:laughing7:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL!!! Hope it's not that bad scoop....from what I have
read of your posts, you do quite well for yourself in the
surf. A larger scoop will also help keep you grounded or
you might try a weight belt....:laughing7:
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a hoot, thanks for the laughs. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the longest time I thought Nome Alaska was the homeland of my people. :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chrap.. I just spit coffee all over my computer! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread