Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: every one goes back and forth about what machine - who's machine is better

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    3044 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

every one goes back and forth about what machine - who's machine is better

all I can add is this - I hunted a beach on Cape Cod
    I started with my PI Pro and detected for 2 hrs - the waters were a little rough
    I got blind sided by a wave and stuck my arm out and my coil hit a trough and I snapped my lower rod
    (hold the jokes) - I had my CZ20 as a back up - jumped back in for about another 2 hrs
    came out pretty equal if you ask me
    around the same amount of coins - I got 2 gold & silver earing with Pi
    and 2 gold & A silver ring and 2 silver toe rings with CZ
    I believe if you had handed me a Tesoro or a Minelab or a Garrett - that day - I would have done
    just as good

nuff said

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cz-pi.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	632358
    "Casper" - coincidence -check it out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper_(name) -
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Feb 2012
    North Pole
    Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
    1910 times
    Wel done. I like Minelab
    lorraine likes this.
    One third jewelry of the World are under sand so far
    Finds2014
    Coins usables=800
    Silver= 8 pieces
    Gold= 2 Rings

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2845 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    When I looked at all the beach guys who consistently scored I saw just two constants....."Time & location". The machines they use/prefer were seldom the same. Most of the gold they find is less then 12" deep. I'd say your post is dead on......

PS: Their knowledge of thier machines was an obvious given.
    Last edited by bigscoop; May 04, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

us
    Feb 2011
    Connecticut
    Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
    16 times
    Casper... we have to get together again for a hunt... I'm going to sound like a parrot here but its the person behind the machine that makes the machine good...

Here is some finds from 5 hunts from a public beach that not alot hunt... all but one of the rings was found with the Dual Field.. I started with the GT and found a dozen silver and 1 gold on my first hunt and when the GT only nulled once I switched over to the DF.

This beach had a swim platform from the nineteen teens to the 60's and I found exactly where it was

I ended up with 34 gold from that one spot before that tropical storm closed the mine with several feet of fresh silt and mud...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	user32_pic24109_1315183237.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	632373  
    CASPER-2 and DewGuru like this.

us
    May 2010
    Florida
    CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
    255 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I couldn't agree more. As long as you are using a detector that is made for what you are doing I think it comes down to preferences. One may be slightly deeper while the other is slightly more stable but they are all very close.

us
    Nov 2007
    So Gulf Coast, FL
    Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
    45 times
    Casper, Like many of us you own and use several different machines, the right tool for the right job. You are always there to share your knowledge and I have never seen you gloat over and over about any of your machines. Personally, I don't think it has as much to do with depth as it does with the way "some" people present themselves.

us
    Feb 2011
    Connecticut
    16 times
    Caspers a great guy CS... we hunted a couple times together here in CT... what a nice each time we hunted he brought me a little something which he didn't have to I took him to my mucky rocky beaches and he did very well with the gold... one of the beaches gave him a nice big fat 18k wedding band that was out there a long time... I can still see it

Quote Originally Posted by Can Slaw View Post
    Casper, Like many of us you own and use several different machines, the right tool for the right job. You are always there to share your knowledge and I have never seen you gloat over and over about any of your machines. Personally, I don't think it has as much to do with depth as it does with the way "some" people present themselves.

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Xcal, Minelab SE, DFX, MXT
    534 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I believe like you have said before Craig..... ATTITUDE and attention span is very important out there. You just cant go brain dead after an hour and start just taking your detector for a walk.... if you do you may as well go home. By the way..... impressive finds Craig you sand bagger lol.

Dew
    Craig-PI likes this.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    3044 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Craig - youre a great guy !- for taking me out before and offering me to come again
    you have the drive to get out there - you got good equipment and you got the luck

I always tell people -its is 33% the hunter - 33% the machine and 33% luck
    you can be the best TH'er - with the best machine - but if your not lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time
    youre not gonna get the finds
    then again you could be a newbie with a low end machine and be on a virgin site and make a killing
    you just never know in this hobby
    "Casper" - coincidence -check it out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper_(name) -
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    May 2009
    42 times
    I think research & planning are the most important.
    lorraine likes this.
    Research is more important than detector but Positive Thinking & The Laws of Attraction Rule!
    Think Gold get Gold! Think canslaw get canslaw and other garbage!

us
    Feb 2011
    Connecticut
    16 times
    True... you know me.. I'm not a fresh drop hunter so I have to do alot of research looking for old spots... some of the places I hunt are just shoreline but back in the day they were beaches.. Historic Aerials is my friend Let me know if you have some time this summer... I have a spot I have yet to hunt that had 4 swim platforms in front of it and it no longer looks like a swimming beach... been too busy to check it out yet..

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    Craig - youre a great guy !- for taking me out before and offering me to come again
    you have the drive to get out there - you got good equipment and you got the luck

I always tell people -its is 33% the hunter - 33% the machine and 33% luck
    you can be the best TH'er - with the best machine - but if your not lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time
    youre not gonna get the finds
    then again you could be a newbie with a low end machine and be on a virgin site and make a killing
    you just never know in this hobby

us
    Dec 2010
    Minelab GT; Sov Elite
    2734 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmarch View Post
    I agree, nickmarch.

Lorraine

us
    Nov 2007
    So Gulf Coast, FL
    Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
    45 times
    I have followed Casper for many years on The Depot and he has always been there to politely help others so I can really believe he is twice as nice in person. Speaking of meeting people....we have already planned next summers motor home trip and it will be up the east coast again all the way to Maine. I sure hope we can meet on my way through your beautiful state.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-PI View Post
    Caspers a great guy CS... we hunted a couple times together here in CT... what a nice each time we hunted he brought me a little something which he didn't have to I took him to my mucky rocky beaches and he did very well with the gold... one of the beaches gave him a nice big fat 18k wedding band that was out there a long time... I can still see it

us
    Mar 2012
    Ft Myers, Florida
    Excal, Sov GT
    488 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmarch View Post
    +1 Though I believe experience and research are one in the same. Experienced hunters are not only competent at using their machines, but also knowing where to hunt. All this comes with experience. An experienced hunter who does no research is as likely to fail as a hunter who doesn't know how to use the machine or the basics of good hunting technique.

That said, I do believe the machine used can make a difference. Some machines work better than others on some beaches. Other machines don't work well at all. Most of us know what the go-to machines are on their local beaches.

us
    Feb 2011
    Connecticut
    16 times
    That would be cool CS I'll bring ya to my favorite mud beach no sugar sand where I hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Can Slaw View Post
    I have followed Casper for many years on The Depot and he has always been there to politely help others so I can really believe he is twice as nice in person. Speaking of meeting people....we have already planned next summers motor home trip and it will be up the east coast again all the way to Maine. I sure hope we can meet on my way through your beautiful state.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors