I'll sell one of my kids first! Actually I have one in mind! :laughing7:

chatmangreer

Mar 4, 2012
Greer, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure would like to see the specs. Might be a good one.

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2
I'll never sell my GT or my DF... If I hit lotto maybe I would try one of the new toys they are coming out :)

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OR, how many CTX's will be on if they do not have anymore depth than an Excalibur or DF? If that is the case, the CTX will be a very expensive waterproof computer. I am anxiously waiting for an accurate depth test without hype.

Last edited:

SneadsFerryMD

Apr 10, 2012
Sneads Ferry NC
Detector(s) used
Torreseo Sand Shark, Whites Beach Hunter ID, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pm me a price on the excalibur before you toss it up on ebay please.

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
OR, how many CTX's will be on if they do not have anymore depth than an Excalibur or DF? If that is the case, the CTX will be a very expensive waterproof computer. I am anxiously waiting for an accurate depth test without hype.

It is not really water proof. Only 10' which means a wave could ruin it or to much pressure when you wash it off. Not a water machine kind of like AT pro. From the test so far and reliable sources on other forums, it will have more depth and better target ID then EX or DF with new (FBS2). Price is still unknown. My guess little more then or close to Ex II ?

OP
OP
M

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030

I imagine it would take a few months be for user would admit they aren't all that. Starting to see a lot of AT pros on ebay selling low. I think that may be about a year?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like all new detectors....time and experienced users in the field will eventually prove it's billing. But, having said that, I expect it will be a quality hunting machine with at least good depth & good target separation, stability, ID, etc. Minelab is pretty good at sticking to, and advancing, their applied technologies so I expect it will be something far above the AT Pro. Either way, I wouldn't buy one until it's had at least a year or more of experienced user feedback. Right now it's just MDer eye candy.....that I have to admit, looks and sounds pretty darn tasty! :laughing7:

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
I'll believe that when I see it... no machine is better than the guy behind it...

It is not really water proof. Only 10' which means a wave could ruin it or to much pressure when you wash it off. Not a water machine kind of like AT pro. From the test so far and reliable sources on other forums, it will have more depth and better target ID then EX or DF with new (FBS2). Price is still unknown. My guess little more then or close to Ex II ?

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Sell a detector?! :icon_scratch:

I'll sell one of my kids first! Actually I have one in mind! :laughing7:

+1 !!!!!

The price is reported to be really up there, so we'll see in a few days where we are with that.

Since many of us don't use the latest greatest technology to begin with, barring a giant leap in utility, I don't see a rush to dump the old for the new. IMO, I'm glad to see the progression of technology. Sooner or later they will invent a machine that finds it, digs it, and sells it for the best price. Until then it's Sov Gt and excal for the beach.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll believe that when I see it... no machine is better than the guy behind it...

I would have to disagree. I have seen a lot of hunters who were WAY worse than what they were swinging around like an idiot stick.

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Jason... I'm not talking about weekend hunters... I'm talking about experienced hunters...

I would have to disagree. I have seen a lot of hunters who were WAY worse than what they were swinging around like an idiot stick.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Why would you ebay your detector cause there is a new detector available??? I don't get it, just buy the new one if you think its going to be good. I must be missing something here? After you buy your detector its should pay for itself in a few months then by years end you should have pocket full of cash to buy any detector that comes out, or two or three of the new ones that come out. What is it you people do with all the money you find? I have been throwing the gold and silver in pails as they fill up start another. All the coins go in the fun account believe me this will add up fast.When you want more toys convert some to cash and by it. I still have gold from when it was 40 dollars an once!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you ebay your detector cause there is a new detector available??? I don't get it, just buy the new one if you think its going to be good.

Because $2400 might be out of someones expense level. If they sold their E-trac (or whatever) it might be enough to bring the new toy into an achievable expense.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a number being rumored based on European costs that have been leaked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions