Upvote 0

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First time I have ever thought of a tropical storm or hurricane from a detectorist's viewpoint. Sure adds an exciting new dimension!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down here it's a double edged sword. Love to see them coming because they move alot of sand, but then we have to worry about our houses too. I know this is gonna sound just plain wrong but I wish we would have one down here, just to stimulate the construction in the area. I'm sick of working 2-3 days a week.

SneadsFerryMD

Apr 10, 2012
Sneads Ferry NC
Detector(s) used
Torreseo Sand Shark, Whites Beach Hunter ID, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like its coming right for me, hopefully its more time behind the MD and not a bunch of time behind a chainsaw.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I dont want to have to put another roof on my house..... A sub tropical, or tropical storm I don't mind, a hurricane is another story, after the 4 that hit us in 2004 I have had my fill of them and I am a Florida native......Now if the eye passes 30-40 miles off shore thats great, having the eye pass over you sucks....

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took over 14 months to get moved back into my house after the 04 hurricanes. No thanks :nono:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I live in N.C. and had to replace my roof this year after a hurricane. Had to spend a good month cutting up downed trees and cleaning up. All of that is ok by me now. I am thinking of driving to the beach tomorrow. Atlantic beach looks like a likely spot for the storm to scour the beach from what I can see. Any regulations against metal detecting in that area or the surrounding area? I know the national seashore keeps detectorists out of Hatteras and Ocracoke Island. Any info is greatly appreciated. I have the need to dig some gold!

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like all it's going to do is skim the coast line.HH

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
looks like its coming right for me, hopefully its more time behind the MD and not a bunch of time behind a chainsaw.

The downed trees will be there for a few days, what washes up on the beach, or uncovered in the sand, will be found by others while you're cutting wood.
Tough call........I PICK THE BEACH !!!!!
Hope there is no damage, and everyone stays safe,

Best of luck,
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions