Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out to Oceanside twice,lot's of iron,digging,digging,digging,iron,iron,iron.Lot's of md'ers out early,met this one guy he had a whites DF. Giving me some pointer's,when asked what setting he uses,he replies I can't tell you that,it's my secret:tongue3:
Oh Well:laughing7:it's okay,I'm gonna learn this..I'm always digging these small sounds & each time I'
m digging it gets louder & louder,,oh another iron or metal piece..I practice with a nickel,penny,quarter,& a gold plated bracelet sounds seem to be the same sound,did manage to get some coins :icon_thumleft:
Took picture with my iPhone tried to post it failed :icon_scratch:as soon as I learn how I will post my Finds,,until then HH Everyone:hello2:

Upvote 0

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to use the old indicators for iron that may include a lack of smoothness, a double blip or just sheer size/audio width of the target. I prefer my old Deepstar for iron rejection over my D.F. because it has an external adjustable SAT speed which you can adjust so you can trace the width of a target accurately. You can do the same thing with the Whites, its just not quite so accurate.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead::laughing7::find: When there is more iron, the gold is there:laughing9:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
U.K. Brian said:
You have to use the old indicators for iron that may include a lack of smoothness, a double blip or just sheer size/audio width of the target. I prefer my old Deepstar for iron rejection over my D.F. because it has an external adjustable SAT speed which you can adjust so you can trace the width of a target accurately. You can do the same thing with the Whites, its just not quite so accurate.

Thanks Brian, for your input will try it

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hamiddetecting said:
:BangHead::laughing7::find: When there is more iron, the gold is there:laughing9:

You're so funny,but I do hear that quote a lot more iron more GOLD!!!

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Aloha Kiana,
Lots of iron is tough going with a P.I. detector. You have to learn
to shape the signals. I find that its easier to do at a slow pace. Like mentioned
earlier, you will learn to hear the solid targets. But it is good to dig as much as you
can because you never know. Here in Hawaii we have iron and volcanic rock. Twice the fun.
Good luck.

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have been using my impulse more than my CZ.I dug 132 targets in three hours(mostly ferrous) trying to unmask some gold.I will dig the target,then scan all around it to see if something else is hiding.Keep in mind this is one of the hardest hit beaches in FL(Siesta Key).Who knows,"work harder" may sometimes trump "work smarter".It's nice to have the option to use a P.I.,or a VLF depending on conditions and or mood.Thanks.

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aloha Kiana,
Lots of iron is tough going with a P.I. detector. You have to learn
to shape the signals. I find that its easier to do at a slow pace. Like mentioned
earlier, you will learn to hear the solid targets. But it is good to dig as much as you
can because you never know. Here in Hawaii we have iron and volcanic rock. Twice the fun.
Good luck.
Mahalo Nui Loa Sand Crab,,,I just have to keep burying my targets & go over,over,over,over until I can distinguish different tones.
Big Island especially Hilo side is mostly volcanic rock,I'm going back home to Oahu in July for my Aunts 75th birthday!!!
Can't wait to hit the Beaches,,Oahu has a lot of white sandy beaches,pack my Spam Musubi & I'm ready to roll @ 4 in the morning till I can't see the sun anymore:hardhat:Maybe I'll find Captain Cook's Treasure:treasurechest:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cz70pro, Mahalo for the information,really appreciate this,,thats why I like this forum.There are people out there who does care & are willing to help:thumbsup: I also enjoy having a hunting buddy,like _Dr.Joe Prime,he helps you to learn::wave: HH

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're so funny,but I do hear that quote a lot more iron more GOLD!!!
Its the rue, you can trust me. Im killer of stuffs.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Hamid,If there is Iron,gold could be close by,keep hunting until you get the gold.A wize old treasure hunter told me that when I first started hunting.:thumbsup:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Hamid,If there is Iron,gold could be close by,keep hunting until you get the gold.A wize old treasure hunter told me that when I first started hunting.:thumbsup:
Thank you:headbang::occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread