Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug a lot of junk,as I was coming seen another md'er going but I think he was doing wet sand..Oh those metal pieces from the fire pit:BangHead:,I kept practicing the different tones today,managed to find some coins,HH

Attachments

• photo-24.JPG
    photo-24.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MD only reports on the conductivity of the target, not its actual id. A coin laying at an angle will give a different reading if you bother to look at the meter and not trust your ears.

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MD only reports on the conductivity of the target, not its actual id. A coin laying at an angle will give a different reading if you bother to look at the meter and not trust your ears.

I did read my meter,it also rang in as ring,coin,and zinc as well as sound..When I get a target,I always read my meter & decide to dig or not,,but from reading this forum they say dig those zincs b/c you never know,,all those caps & iron pieces,I dug up b/c also on this forum they said to discard all trash,which so so so many md'ers pass by & I know it's trash,but I just don't have the skill to pass it by :icon_scratch: Also on pull tabs they say you don't pass it up b/c it could be a ring,,The other day @ the park I found a ring reading zinc in the 70's,,,thank goodness I did'nt pass it up,& also a bracelet...I really enjoy all feedbacks b/c it's a learning process for me,,,
HH:hello:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The more you dig, the more you learn by remembering the tone when you see the target in your scoop.

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta lover slag, sounds good like a can. :BangHead:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Kiana7,There is a lot of CRAP out there that rings GOOD,eventually ya gotta get something that is Good!Besides,it's good exercise:laughing7: God Bless Chris

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kiana7,There is a lot of CRAP out there that rings GOOD,eventually ya gotta get something that is Good!Besides,it's good exercise:laughing7: God Bless Chris

Worldtalker,you're so right about the exercise,its good for you,,every time I find jewelry that's something good!!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daily take looks about the same as yours. only a couple of keepers yet this year. A 1919 Buffalo and a 1953 Benjamin. No gold or jewels yet this season. The hunt is my form of physical therapy, no co-pay + benefits.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have right Denis. That whats i call the detecting is gold. Happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions