Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Terry Soloman
  • 2 Post By Lee(CA)
  • 2 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By CASPER-2

Thread: Newbie Needs Recommendation for Saltwater Unit

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Newbie Needs Recommendation for Saltwater Unit

Need recommendation for saltwater unit. Surf and Wet Sand, Corpus Christi Texas area. Thanks,

Charter Member
    cr
    Detecting fever comes and goes.

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    140 times
    Metal Detecting and Ham Radio
    What is your budget

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3198 times
    Metal Detecting
    Tesoro Sand Shark
    Whites Dual Field
    Fisher CZ 21
    Minelab Excalibur
    lookindown likes this.
    Please visit my Website http://TerrySoloman.com

us
    Jan 2005
    California
    Minelabs & White's
    2 times
    Hello David.

Here is an article that may help. Read the article and study the table.

MDHTALK - Article: Buying-Metal Detector Decision for Fresh and Saltwater Beaches by Lee Wiese

Lee(CA)
    lorraine and FarmerChick like this.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davidweber View Post
    Need recommendation for saltwater unit. Surf and Wet Sand, Corpus Christi Texas area. Thanks,
    Hello David and welcome to TreasureNet... Are you a new hunter or do you have experience......? If your new then recommend you look at a VLF detector like the Minelab Excalibur or Fisher CZ 21, multifreq detectors are much more stable in salt water conditions including the sand. If your new I advise you stay away from the PIs till you get more experience. I have known at least a 6 or 7 new hunters who bought PIs and everyone got rid of them due to the frustration of digging every tiny piece of iron on a beach... PIs are good, especially on clean beaches, but it takes a while to learn them....

The Minelab Excal has a great feature, it will null (loss of threshold sound) when it goes over a piece of iron so you know it is iron, plus it will still tell you there is gold there by the iron...

What ever you get good luck and again welcome to TreasureNet....
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jul 07, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
    lookindown and fredinbelize like this.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Dec 2010
    Minelab GT; Sov Elite
    2517 times
    Thanks for posting that very informative article

Lorrainde

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    2779 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    "The Minelab Excal has a great feature, it will null (loss of threshold sound) when it goes over a piece of iron so you know it is iron, plus it will still tell you there is gold there by the iron..."

I have hit alot of spots peppered by guys with minelabs - I have followed them with Pi and Cz (in all metal)- dug iron they passed by and have gotten many old gold next to and under iron - not just one or 2 rings - im talking probably 20 gold rings at least over the yrs
    bottom of page - article I wrote "Trash: the importance of picking it up "
    Flickr: Casper-2's Photostream
    fredinbelize likes this.
    "Casper" - coincidence -check it out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper_(name) -
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

gb
    Fred

May 2007
    Huntington Beach,CA
    Ace250 Whites Surf PI Pro
    533 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I'm a Whites PI fan.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    "The Minelab Excal has a great feature, it will null (loss of threshold sound) when it goes over a piece of iron so you know it is iron, plus it will still tell you there is gold there by the iron..."

I have hit alot of spots peppered by guys with minelabs - I have followed them with Pi and Cz (in all metal)- dug iron they passed by and have gotten many old gold next to and under iron - not just one or 2 rings - im talking probably 20 gold rings at least over the yrs
    bottom of page - article I wrote "Trash: the importance of picking it up "
    Flickr: Casper-2's Photostream
    The mistake these guys are making Casper is they are not checking each null found with a 90 degree different sweep, when it nulls you HAVE TO rescan the target again but from a 90 degree difference direction from the first sweep... You can't just let it null and walk off thinking it was just iron, it works I have found gold with iron, but got a solid null on first sweep one direction, moved to a 90 degree difference from first sweep and got a tone for the gold.........

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    2779 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I figured they were doing something wrong - you can teach them a few leasons Treasure_Hunter
    their loss - my gain
    "Casper" - coincidence -check it out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casper_(name) -
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    8790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    I figured they were doing something wrong - you can teach them a few leasons Treasure_Hunter
    their loss - my gain
    It is your gain no doubt..... It is like someone driving a 6 speed sports car but only using the first 4 gears.....whats the point if your not going use it...

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    May 2011
    Halifax, N.C.
    Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
    151 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Great point treasure hunter. The details often make the difference between a so so day and a great day in the water.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors