Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was having a good hunt then a couple hours into it..... my arm cuff broke on the Xcal... yes the one i just got back. You just have to laugh at my last month or so's problems. Anyway, heres my finds: One really nice silver ring, silver earring, junk ring and key, and a gold chain. The chain im not sure about, its not marked, dont stick to a magnet and you may be able to see i tried cleaning it with baking soda to see if the gold color came off..... it didnt. Looked everywhere on it to see if there was a mark.... didnt find one also im not liking the hook style latch. Sure looks good thou if its not gold.

Dew

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Chain looks real to me. I actually have one 10k bracelet and one 14k bracelet that are much less shiny than your's from long exposure to minerals in the salty sand. Good hunt to me except for the broken cuff. However, I have actually made my own replacement cuff from a sheet of scrap stainless steel, saw, grinder and drill and a piece of pipe to bend it around. Better than factory, since it won't deteriorate again. The extra small amount of weight was insignificant since it is right at your arm. HH

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation!! Nice haul:wav: Well done:wav:I wish luck next hunt:wav:

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hamid..... I also believe i have found a solution to my cuff issue. 3" CPVC cuppler.... couple of holes and SS bolts. Pretty tight fight and seems to take a lot of pressure.... ill have to try it out when i can get out again.

Dew

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did great on the hunt, hope the chain turns out to be real!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt...too bad your cuff broke...let us know if that chain is real...hope it is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread