Two weeks down south

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just got back from two weeks down south. One week in South Carolina and one week in Florida. The Atlantic didn’t give me much time to get in the water without getting beat up and the first sandbar hadn’t been setup like it was last year so the trough wasn’t there as I was hoping. So most of the good stuff (not much) was taken in the damp and dry sand. Platinum and two silver rings were found in South Carolina.
Florida (Gulf side) was fun, I spent all but about one hour of my hunting in the water due to the calm conditions…. I was literally up to my chin deep a few time with a weight belt to help me dig. Tropical Storm Debbie moved a bunch of pennies into the water from the dry sand. Most of the pennies in that pile were from Florida and most of them were shiney new, very few coppers. I even found one spot without moving that yielded 21 pennies and the stainless chain in the picture. Both pieces of gold were from Florida and within 2 feet of each other. I found the pendant/charm first and decided to look carefully for the chain….. finding the ring without even moving my feet from the dig spot of the charm, never did find the chain for the charm.
All in all it was a great trip, a little light on the real good stuff but I can’t complain, the wife let me go each day and the last time was a marathon from 1am to noon, my hands literally looked like white raisins!
All my water hunting was done with the Sand Shark and I had plenty of Bobbie Pins to prove it and most of the wet dry sand hunting was with the GT, yielding the Platinum and two silver rings. Both machines worked great for me with no problems.
Got to meet quite a few hunters, there was Doug, Warren, Bill and “Straight from the pouch” Willie D.
Happy Hunting
Cliff

Attachments

• IMG_0865sm.jpg
    IMG_0865sm.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0866sm.jpg
    IMG_0866sm.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0867sm.jpg
    IMG_0867sm.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0868sm.jpg
    IMG_0868sm.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0869sm.jpg
    IMG_0869sm.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, nice finds. Congratulation!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunts - great finds :icon_thumleft:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure how I missed this post. :dontknow:

Congrats on the the finds.

Good meeting you. See ya out the there.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
WOW!!! Fantastic detecting!!! :headbang:

birds.jpg

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Fla. wasn't productive for you this time! Maybe next time! :)

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Sounds like at good time.
I miss the Florida Gulf coast.....warm water, I'll have to get back there some time.
Good hunting.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
congratulations on the finds. On the issue of the chain you didn't find. I found a chain with St. Christopher medal attached. Just thinking about it the other day, I took the St. Christopher medal off the chain and tested my three detectors to see if they would see the chain. Whites Dual Field, no response, not a wisper, Aquasound, no response, not a wisper, not even on boost/loud setting. My Tiger Shark VLF with the 16" x 4" DD clean sweep coil did give a repeatable signal at about 3" off the ground. I was blown away, that neither the Dual Field PI or the Aquasound gave any response to the chain without the pendant. You might want to try your Sand shark on a gold chain and post your results. The chain I used was 9 grams of 14k but did not have a clasp, I might retest my detectors with a gold chain with a clasp to see if they will pick up the clasp. Good luck. Papa

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of southern booty. :icon_thumright: Yep, east coast has been tough this summer, can't wait for those winter currents. Should be some great hunting then.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds...congrats on the plat and gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread