PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only been detecting a few months, but have started going to neck deep, it was a liitle tricky but interesting, still working on developing my technique. Thinking about trying a mask and snorkel soon. This is in the great lakes, so relatively calmer, but can be kind of choppy, I stay about waist deep on those days.

Anyone tie their scoop to themselves? I thinking to do that on the deeper work.

HH

Pete

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This Post May Make the Top 100 On treasurenet Chug!!!!

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been finding alot of my gold off of fishing jetties - I think people throw them intentionally - divorce or break up
(when I was young my mother told me of girls throwing class rings out into water from their cheating boyfriends)
or they throw rocks or pennies - other objects and the ring goes too

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been finding alot of my gold off of fishing jetties - I think people throw them intentionally - divorce or break up
(when I was young my mother told me of girls throwing class rings out into water from their cheating boyfriends)
or they throw rocks or pennies - other objects and the ring goes too
I was fishing on a boat with a friend of mine and when he made a cast I heard something plop in the water. I asked him what that was and he said "my class ring".

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but I like this thread too much so I'm bumping it up. For us newbies it is too interesting.

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Denarius said:
Sorry but I like this thread too much so I'm bumping it up. For us newbies it is too interesting.

I agree! I havent lost a ring but I learned not to wear earrings while metal detecting. :D I had a little boy following me around at a park and I had to keep removing my headphones to hear him and I lost one of my opal earrings my dad had made me. :o(

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
Anywhere there is activity.That includes coming and going in the water or on land. Think about it how many times have you gone to the beach and stored your belongings in your shoes or jean shorts pockets jewelry/change and grab them and leave then stop to get a coke only to find the 1.50 you had in change is gone. Metal expands when it get's warm gold and silver + cold or sweaty oily fingers = lost. Ankle to neck is where I find a lot of stuff If it's a cold lake ankle to waist deep.

Tador

Aug 17, 2010
I agree with what some have said about mothers loosing rings in the shallow water because they bring their squirming kids with them and the kids rip them off. I think the next place people lose rings is from hip to neck-deep. They need to be out deep enough to get their hands wet and cold. If they only go in knee-deep, the hands stay dry and the rings stay on.

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just told this story from an older friend. Her daughter and son in law were at the beach. He had just bought an expensive gold neck chain on his card. When he got up from his chair it was gone. And they never found it. This one was lost in the dry sand near the beach chairs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread