Feb 11, 2012
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hit Bottlecap Alley this morning for just around 3 hours...Finally I was just sweating too much and called it a day..No sun today, but no breeze and the humidity was sick :(

For those of you unfamiliar with the South Jersey Codex, Bottlecap Alley is just South of Drunk Monkey Beach...As you can see from the findings, the two beaches have many similiarities...I spent much of the Winter-Spring hunting and cleaning this entire stretch. however as you can see the monkeys have been replenishing it regularly...
The funny part about all of these beaches I hunt, is that alcohol is not permitted on any of them, with warning signs posted at every entrance..
Can you only imagine how many BC's there would be if drinking was legal on the beach :laughing7: :laughing7:

Since I was in the heart of Sultan's Territory, I kept a watchful eye out for him, so that we could finally meet on his home turf...It was not to be, as once again the Sultan was a no show :(
Maybe he only hunts at night ??? ???

Once again I was rewarded early on with a Silver St Christophers Religious Medal & SS Chain, so I was motivated early...
The usual new clad and the same beach scraps were par for the territory..
Anyways, maybe not the greatest hunt ever, but certainly not the worst..

Maybe tomorrow :thumbsup:
Good Luck & HH to you all !!!!

Totals for the day:

$5.26 in Clad

1- Silver St Christophers Medal & SS Chain

2-Junk Earrings

A Bushel of freshly picked bottlecaps

The usual foil and bits always found at BC Alley

7-19-12Hunt.jpg

7-19-121Hunt.jpg

7-19-123Hunt.jpg

7-19-122Hunt.jpg

7-19-124Hunt.jpg

Upvote 0

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
That is a lot of digging. Congrats on the silver.

BaronH

Jul 15, 2008
Wow, if nothing else you're getting some exercise and more familiar with your machine. Nice necklace find.

Sent from my Android using TreasureNet

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Wow, I'll never again complain about the 5 or 6 caps I sometimes end up with. Congratulations on the silver!!

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silver medallion! That's a big chain, it's a shame it's not also silver.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
BP, Congrats on the silver.

Sultan has hunted that stretch only once since June 2011. And, that was for the Minelab charity hunt. As your bottlecap threads show, it's just not the best neighborhood. SoS, has gotten tired of being hassled on the beach by drunks and drug fiends, while law enforcement stays up on the boards ticketing deep pocketed tourist for the most minor infractions. Part of his negative opinion of the local PD stems from the fact that his son is on the fugitive squad of a major crimes unit in a large city. So, while his son is in the line of fire everyday pursuing real bad guys the Local LEOs at your location are pulling six figure salaries to ticket bicyclist on the boardwalk. Meanwhile, as you've correctly pointed out, there is no or little law enforcement on the beach. SoS actually asked a local LEO why no enforcement. The answer: They're drunks and can't pay the the fines. It is a waste of manpower to bring them in. Things are the way they are for a reason. There you have it.

SoS hunts well south of this location. Affluent beaches hold bigger payoffs with less hassle.

That said, SoS has a couple of friends who hunt your beaches on a regular basis. They are having terrific seasons so far. I don't have a count but between them they have several gold rings, a gold chain, and some silver ytd. All were finding silver coins when the dozers were working the beach earlier in the season. All posted to one of four FB pages. Unlike you though, mostly they are hunting in the water. Personally, i don't like hunting in the water on jersey's beaches, but IMO, you should consider it if you aren't doing it. From the waterline down seems to hold most of the bling on your beaches. You know where to go on the net to find out what's working. Good luck!!!

Again, congrats on the silver!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread