tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just venting. Long narrative. No pics of finds. Okay, this week has really taken a toll on me kind of.

First, there is a "community forum" that is pretty popular with what I call the time share bandits. They are always discussing when they are coming back to the island and resturant reviews. Is was kind of informative when I found out that I was coming here and I periodically check it for new info. On the 23rd I saw a thread titled "Lost men's wedding ring". It didn't give a whole lot of info, just that the gals brother had lost his wedding band either on the beach or in the water at one of the resorts. Well, since I get most of my finds out of the water the next morning I go out and the dang area is pretty stinking clean except for a few coins and this palladium ring. My first palladium by the way. So I register to be a forum participant and send a message to the moderator asking to get me in touch with the post originator. She responded but I got no response to my forwarded message.

Yesterday morning I go out to one of my favorite hotels and within the first 15 minutes found a nice gold band. An hour later I see a couple standing on the beach and they had that look. He waves at me to come in and he is using sign language to indicate that he has lost a ring. I get to shore and see she has a matching wedding band and she tells be the date they got married, 7/25/2011. They are on their 1st anniversary trip and he lost the ring. I pull it out of the pouch and she slips me $30.00. Very appreciative... and I never ask for reward money, but $30.00???

So I continue on my way and find a tungsten and then a 10K white gold. Why he could not have lost the tungsten I don't know.

I left that area and hit the adjacent resort. Then I decide to stop hunting and go get my hair cut. As I'm walking down the beach back to my car a young man wearing snorkle goggles runs up to me and says. "Hey, I lost my ring. It's not valuable but I'll give you $20.00 if you find it. And I got the money with me too". I asked him to describe it and the general area where he thought he had lost it. He told me that he had lost it about 30 minutes after I had left my favorire resort and that he had gone out to buy the goggles trying to find it but there was no visibility. I found a ring and went to where he pointed where he was sitting and his young bride was there. The ring I found did not match what he had described to me but was kind of close. As I approached her, I said I know you know what his ring looks like and she described it perfectly. As he came back with 2 margaritas he asked if I had found it and I said yes. She also gave him hell because he didn't remember what his ring looked liked. He told her to pay me and I declined but I said I'll take a margarita.

Then I get home and check my email and after a couple of exchanges we determine that the palladium ring I found as a result of the "Community Forum" message did in fact belong to her brother and that she has a friend coming next month that I can give it to who will get it back to her and ultimately her brother.

My wife says, think of all the good karma you are building up. I'm thinking...karma ain't gonna pay out of state tuition or make me look damn good in the casket.

Good luck out there guys and gals. Thanks for putting up with my ramblings.

Upvote 0

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to learn to keep your head down and not make eye contact...:dontknow:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain.... its a double edged sword especially when it comes like your returns are. There comes a time when they offer you a reward .... take it your earned it.

Dew

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I know where you are comming from, and have not taken a reward for any rings returned yet. However, karma is unexplainable but real. Good things will come to those who do good. Anyway you have to admit that it feels good to return a ring that means lot to someone who lost it. Keep swinging and HH...

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway you have to admit that it feels good to return a ring that means lot to someone who lost it. Keep swinging and HH...

Yeah buddy, except when they are so happy that they wrap their arms around your neck and then jump about six feet straight up, lol

DANGLANGLEY

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread