Anyone Tried Boat Launches?

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of weeks ago, I was detecting in a local lake just outside of the swimming area (luckily the lifeguards leave me alone when I do this), next to the Sheriff's dock, when one of the Sheriff's asked if I had ever tried the boat launch on the other side of the lake. The next day, I was at another swimming area on the same lake and was asked the same question by one of the swimmers. She mentioned that she had lost her keys there the week before.
I've never tried a boat launch before, assuming that stuff could be lost there, but that it will probably also be full of trash. I went by there once last year and thought about it, but the state charges $7 for parking there and I don't want to pay it. If anyone has done one of these, how did you make out?

Scott

Upvote 0

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine has done well at at a launch area , give it a shot !

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up a cheap ring at one, key,clad,and misc.. people fish around ramps in some locations. Most coins in parking areas. I try to hunt them when not busy and really repack holes firm if in actual ramp area. Pulled old shot gun brass at edge of ramp at water. Have hit all local ramps this spring. Good luck.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I have and have done okay too - one at a local town beach - I have gotten 2 gold rings
a silver chain - some old time junk rings - religious medals (probably from baptising)
and a small handful of old silver not to mention new coins - sinkers and lures
found a few old bottles too while fanning

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are a few pics of stuff from freshwater boach launch
boatramp08.JPG fishholefinds.JPG
2008boatramp.JPG fishholegold.JPG
sept11chain.JPG sept11bottle.JPG
DSC00043.JPG goodjul15.JPG

OP
OP
S

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your quick replies. I think I know where I'll be this weekend, if I can find free parking nearby. I've pulled old silver and Indian Head cents out of this lake, so that's a possibility, too (I hadn't thought of that until your pictures Casper-2). It'll be nice to have a new place to try instead of the same old sites. Someday I have to check with the campground and see if they'll let me into their swimming area, also on the same lake.

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread