Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All right guys ,I have been doing research on a resort area that was big in the 20s-30s and still had a lot going on through the 40s and 50s. Today I made the 85 mile drive down and started asking locals . I got lucky and talked to an 85 year old man that said he remembered when it was very popular and he used to dive off the pier as a small boy.He gave me the low down on where everything was.8-)
The pier is gone but it still has pillions left. It is a private area but I found out who the property manager was and gave him a call. We had a positive phone conversation and he told me to go ahead and search the area and if asked just tell people he gave me permission. And I was asked as soon as I started..
The tide was high and my scoop weighs a ton.. I tried to recover two targets and could not get either one. I think this place is going to be a gold mine once I get a new scoop and build a floating sifter. I am planning on getting a hookah system in the future also.(Awaiting funds)
So I need to know a the name of a good LITE scoop for wading and any pointers . I have done a lot of beach hunting but stayed out of the water for the most part. I am going to try to get back down during low tide but it is a good haul away so it may take a week or two to get back. I should be able to clean house when the tide/weather is right.

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a fun place to hunt. Kelly co sells aluminum Beachmaster scoops. Ok unless you need to dig in rocks, and nice and light.

1953silver

Jan 30, 2011
New Jerey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Whites, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a 41" Beachmaster Water Scoop Cat# 519-29 all aluminum from KellyCo and it's great! It's light weight, has a 5 inch X 7 inch basket, well made too.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks much,I will check the beach master out. I have been through two scoops so far .One ,the holes were too large. Musket balls and silver dimes would fall through and the one I have now weighs a ton.

Last edited:

kinigit

Jul 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Detector(s) used
Dual Field PI, Stingray 2, Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like an awesome opportunity. Good luck!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wrote a story on scoops - on building sifters - on hookahs
if interested - send me a PM and I will send you a link to them

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like it might be a new shark pit! Good luck and I look forward to seeing you pull something great out

HH
-GC

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You shurley want an aluminum scoop but get the 6 x 12 scoop so you get down further on the first scoop mine cost 130 dollars and is 4 feet and light. good luck.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions