gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image-3567197840.jpg

Found this ring and wondering if anybody knows if it has any real value? Inside is stamped 925 and next to that there is a dollar sign surrounded by a circle. Not sure what the big stone is. Several smaller stones on it too with some missing.

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason, that video did the ring justice!!!! It is actually starting to look silver. I will post pictures once completely done!!!

Glad to hear it's cleaning it. When silver has been oxidizing for a long time, it won't come back to a polished look. It will look like a soft, matt finish. You can buy some 2000 grit sandpaper and wet sand it back to a much more polished look if that is important to you.

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image-951128155.jpg

Cleaned up! lol one of the smaller stones fell out. Oh well still a really kewl find! Weighs 3.6 grams

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The iphone camera does not do it justice!

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
@ Jason....i know, right? I had no idea the beach would produce as much as it has! even if most of the other rings are just "costume" jewelry, it sure is satisfaction knowing it is not a hair pin or pull tab!

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ending my comments here until next find!!! Thank you all for the comments and for the great tips. I learn something new each time i find something. Happy hunting!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty silver ring. Pink stone looks like pink sapphire (a man made stone) surrounded by CZ's or perhaps diamond chips. Congrats on the find!

HH,
Anita

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
@ lay385:::::: i bought a book specifically written for the whites dual field and set it up "super tuned"according to the author which is giving very good results. Im really surprised at how deep it is going! Maybe i am just very lucky?

What is the book called?

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barrell said:
What is the book called?

The book is titled "the white's surfmaster P.I. Dual field: "an advanced guide" by clive james clynick prestige publications, 2010

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
I once found a .925 DY ring with a big yellow citrine stone surrounded by 26 paved diamonds. Turned out to be a David Yurman ring, valued at $900. So sometimes silver rings have diamonds.

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
The book is titled "the white's surfmaster P.I. Dual field: "an advanced guide" by clive james clynick prestige publications, 2010
So its worth the $19. Im already digging way to deep using the factory settings. This morning I dug 28 inches to find some old chicken bones wrapped up in tinfoil.

OP
OP
G

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Barrell said:
So its worth the $19. Im already digging way to deep using the factory settings. This morning I dug 28 inches to find some old chicken bones wrapped up in tinfoil.

no, i can help you! I will give you the information on settings from the book once i get off from work. Not sure if it is illegal to take a picture from the book and give it to you or not?

harryb007

Oct 28, 2010
Waterboro, Maine
Detector(s) used
XLT, Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
I hope you reburied the bones and said some anti curse prayer. You may need to go do a bunch of good deeds to offset this possible curse you contracted.:laughing7:

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Jason,

I couldn't get a good look at that extra piece at the end of the video when you had the ring, the medal, and the chain laid out, but that little piece you showed briefly in your hand might be the bail for the medal that attached it to the chain, yes? Instead of another chain? Don't want to be a buzzkill, and you should definitely follow your instincts and hunt that hole to your heart's content, but the thought occurred to me so I thought I'd throw it out there.

You're video was really nice. You have a nice way about you.

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are very much for sure putting real diamonds in silver now a days. Since the price of gold has sky rocketed, they are using silver more and more, plus tungsten. Pretty in pink! Good finds! I like.

Good to keep in mind, things have changed but my mind hasn't:icon_scratch:

Thanks for the updated outlook!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jason,

I couldn't get a good look at that extra piece at the end of the video when you had the ring, the medal, and the chain laid out, but that little piece you showed briefly in your hand might be the bail for the medal that attached it to the chain, yes? Instead of another chain? Don't want to be a buzzkill, and you should definitely follow your instincts and hunt that hole to your heart's content, but the thought occurred to me so I thought I'd throw it out there.

You're video was really nice. You have a nice way about you.

Not, it wasn't a bail because there was no way that it could attach to both the medal and the chain. It looked exactly like the closed end of the chain. I suppose if could be a bail and part of it had disintegrated or broken off. I did go back to the spot and searched in all-metal but never got another blip. Glad you enjoyed the video!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions