Monday 9/17/2012 Slope hunting a Jersey Shore beach (video)

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Note: Video is enhanced with a plug in headphones or earbud device.

I got out yesterday and hunted a 4 block area at a town south of me......I noticed that the high surf from the day before had cut into the bank even more in places.....lots of rocks and shells and a decent amount of recently lost quarters and other clad spread out from mostly midtide to the top of the slope....the encouraging thing to see is that the beaches are "setting up" nicely and with every coastal front, onshore wind event, and the onset of the fall tides and currents, there will be spots producing everyday for those folks that are willing to take the time and get out there and read the beaches....Yes.....LOOK FOR IT !! Carry those pocket binoculars with you when you are out there......the beach that isn't producing for you may be a different story 8 blocks south or north.....BE MOBILE !! Be prepared to move if a spot isn't producing so always have a "Plan B" and a "Plan C" for when that first spot doesn't pan out !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing Brian, what camera/mount are you using?
HH

Eddie

Last edited:
OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
I use a Swann freestyle sports cam....It's an Aussie version of the Gopro....I mount the camera on my headphones

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What town you in. Im in Brigantine until end of the month. Id like to seee how others operate. The guys Ive seen in Brig have been slow and ineficient. One guy I watched took 15 minutes to dig a penny.
Barrell
609-513-1680

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad no gold this time but a good possibility next go round. Hope to see you down here next time.

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great Video! Enjoyed it! Nice Finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread