Vibra probe 580

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
I have read some good things about this pointer and the treasure wise products.Strong and bullet proof.I am getting one myself when i get the beach detector.It's the only water proof pointer i can find on the market.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you bend over / drop knee to recover, I would stick with the Garrett pin point for the dry sand zone at the beach as it detects off the side as well as off the tip. This allows you to rapidly determine if there are multiple shallow targets. Also you can move dry sand with its ridged side. Be careful not to bend the probe as it will cause false alarms and the probe early demise.
With care you can use the garrett pin pointer on wet sand, but avoid moving the wet sand, which is heavy with the raised edge.
The Vibra Probe 580 is best for shallow water hunting, with a towed sifter. Many hunters tie it directly to the float sifter that they empty after several scoopfuls in .to rapidly recover metal in the debris which has not sifted out before flipping it over.
It is of no use, in the water , unless you are towing a sifter

OP
OP
jjg70

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. Garrett AT Pro
My Garrett gives off false signals when I in checking sand with water still in hole.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had one for years , It works great, You'll love it and it is totally water proof.:icon_thumleft:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recommended

If you are using a pin pointer with water in the hole, you will definitely want to go with the vibraphone 580 as it only detects with the tip.

Only downside (a small one as you can turn your detector off) I know of it that it may interfere with you detector as it uses pulse induction.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is of no use, in the water , unless you are towing a sifter

This is probably the least true statement I can imagine. Do you actually use one or are you just making up statements?

I have been looking into getting a 580 myself. I have seen others use them when diving and I'm thinking of adding one for my scuba-detecting trips. I just wish I could put hands on one first. Wondering about interference issue as well as the auto on/off function.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
on off is automatic,as soon as you pull it out to horizontal position.The reason i am getting one,it's pi.I have the detector pro pistol probe pi pointer and it is awesome.If i hit a fairly deep target with the detector the pistol usually will hit it from the surface also.The pistol is the same circuit as the headhunter pulse.

OP
OP
jjg70

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
I assume that since the on/off is motion activated it won't be possible to desensitize it like u can on the Garrett

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The on/off is position oriented, not motion. If you really want to turn it off manually, just back off the battery retaining screw cap, but not in water. I have a different version of that probe that goes 6" deep. I use it for wall searches. it is designed for diving. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 359
OP
OP
jjg70

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
I'm going to pull the trigger and buy it

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason:
You are correct my input was based on numerous observations of the Vibra Probe 580 and older underwater vibra probe pin pointers being used with a floating sifter in calm protected waters.

Most shallow water hunters use a long handle scoop so that they do not have to bend/drop down to recover items.

When the water is rough some dectectorists prefer using a mask and snorkel and fanning the bottom to uncover and retrieve detected object(s).

The above is based on research, my practical experience is with a Garrett Pro Pin Pointer which I use on dry and wet beach sands, when I am having difficulty in locating an object. Having to drop down to use the pin pointer offsets the advantage of using a long handled scoop.

you have taken the last sentence out of context. Scuba diving was not considered as ji g70 was asking if anyone had an opinion of its performance on the beach.

I agree: The sentence you are referring to is misleading and untrue. It was never intended to be a stand alone statement!

For diving:

I would also look at the larger VIbra quatic 2 with 2 inch search tip and the Vibra-Tector 730 Pulse Induction Metal detector (a mini PI detector with 4 inch search coli) as well as the VIbra Probe 580 with 1 inch search tip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions