Lost my wedding ring, yippie

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a little embarrassing to tell this story but there are lessons to be learned.
Last week I took the Sea Hunter out for a little dive to one of the beaches along the shore. I had removed my ring and watch, put the ring on my watch strap and stored it in the back of my van. After the dive (which produced only trash) I packed up my gear, grabbed my watch and ring. and headed home. About about half an hour into the drive I noticed that I didn't have my ring on, I pulled over and searched around my seat in the van, then I headed back to the beach parking lot. When I got back there I pulled out the AT Pro and started searching the gravel parking space around where I had parked earlier and only found a couple of pennies so I headed home feeling pretty dumb.
When I got home I called a diving buddy and told him and we decided to go back and both of us would detect the area the next day. This time I parked in a different spot, as soon as I put my ATP to the ground I got a solid 92 which is usually silver, my ring was gold but I dug it any way and out popped a rather large silver ring. We searched the area for quite a bit longer and still didn't find my ring. (First time to not be happy with a silver ring find).
Now for the yippie part. Yesterday I was getting out of my van and happened to look down into the door pocket and guess what I saw, Yep my ring.
The lesson is, that if someone else lost a silver ring in the beach parking lot and I almost did then that means lots of other people have as well.
Happy Hunting.
ZDD

Attachments

• IMG107.jpg
    IMG107.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG110.jpg
    IMG110.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,:icon_thumright:You got your ring back,that's even more priceless,,HH

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great point! Good job on getting the silver ring while trying to find your own wedding ring. I'm sure you're very relieved to have found it!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye, and good recovery!

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you found it!, my seahunter still going strong?, I mean your seahunter!

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone I am very glad to have my ring back. It is not good being on the wrong end of the treasure hunt. If you find a ring and can locate the owner please return it, it really does mean allot.
ZDD

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you found it!, my seahunter still going strong?, I mean your seahunter!
The Sea Hunter is working great, you took good care of it. I hope all is going great with you and you are able to get out allot and find all sorts of treasure.
ZDD

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Nice find on the silver ring. Even better to find your wedding ring again. No more ear pain (from your wife yelling) from losing your ring, right.

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver find and congrats on the save of your ring.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got lucky!! Glad you found it, could have easily popped out of the doorr pocket when you slam the door shut .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread