Sand Movement Example

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For those that don't see the beach as changing from day to day. The video I posted last Thursday showed this same pole at -4.5 feet. 14 tide cycles later and its a -2 feet.That's 2.5 feet of sand in 7 days 4.3 inches per a day! My point is that this game is about a matter of inches! Just 1 inche of sand movement and your in pay dirt. The same is true of sand build up, an inche you could just be out.The beach is a crazy place this time of year. This just proves it to you non believers!

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im trying to figure out. A beach I worked last week had a 5 footcut and was littered with change. I also found one nice silver ring. Four days later a construction prodjct that was spilling water on the beach with a pump had created a 10 foot cut and was inundated with pieces of wire and very little change. I see for the first time the limitations of my PI Dual. I gave up after digging around a hundred pieces of wire.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buried Crap,
"Excellent post!" I've been voicing this same thing all summer. The sand just kept coming this summer, to the point that when it does get moved a bit it has the effect of a giant shaker loaded with soft sand, everything continues to go down with the motion. But, once this sand starts getting removed the hunting should be fantastic! That's what I'm waiting on. "Excellent post and example of just how quickly sand can effect things."

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Steve, the beache is killer of good targets, when the beach out the sand.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same thing has been going on at my beach,2 to 3 feet of sand moved in and no good finds lately, we need a northeaster with some big waves and a prayer to bring back the finds.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread