OP
M
Jun 11, 2012
Bradenton,FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM me about the straight shafts, I want to do that with my old Excal. I will PM you my phone number. Steve.
I don't make shafts anymore. Do what Les and everybody else does now. They buy from Anderson or Plugger on Ebay. It's still my design, but they make and sell it now. Anderson makes the carbon fiber shafts. The last one that I made went to Surfdigger. I just metal detect anymore, so far nobody has taken that away from me. HH

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High waves and stinky Red Tide down my way..... nasty. Hope you get on some more gold Mark.

Dew

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I heard just a little bit ago that in South Venice they had red tide. I havent seen or smelled it at Siesta, or around Sarasota. I saw a week and a half back, that Mote reported small patches of Red Tide. I wonder if the State is dumping phosphate from Piney Point again? Every time they do it we have a real bad red tide.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve ..... there is a 35 mile stip out there lots of dead bait fish left from high tide. Your eyes burn, snot like a bull, and a bit of a tickle in the throat. Not many willing to set out there on the beaches in the stench. Im hoping it gone by Sat when everything calms down.

Dew

Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice find. That is a very old ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread