anderson shafts question for minelab excalibur II

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old metal long straight shaft I put my new excalibur on. I like it but its heavy. I like that the unit is on the end but its a pain in the but to switch allmetal to disc back and forth. If I got the anderson carbon over and under would it be heavier on me having unit under my arm cuff or would the anderson carbon long with the unit on the end be easier?, but I would be back to the pain in the but switchin allmetal and disc. Before I choose im looking for different views on each, thanks Capt.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why spend a $100 to fix it. Go buy aluminum shaft and do it yourself...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Go with the straight shaft and hip mount or chest mount the control panel. Works great and solves the weight and controls problem. You will really be happy with the results.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the straight shaft and hip mount or chest mount the control panel. Works great and solves the weight and controls problem. You will really be happy with the results.

Both of my Excals have home made shafts, controls on the ends. I hunt with a $20 shoulder harness from Kellyco, I can hunt from dawn to dusk with no pain, plus if I need to let go of my detector while in the water it hangs right by my side coil down................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread