Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to work last night - but when I got out - went home and packed and headed to the Cape again - itwas supposed to rain all day and I knew I would not make it for low tide - so Whydah and me figured we'd just make plans for Mon. low since i'd already be down in the area. I showed up at hotel and hoped to checked in early - they said no so I headed to nearby beach. It was a few hours after low tide but spot I hit has shallow areas and some blown out spots here and there. Last time I hit this area - visability was aweful but I came up with 2 large silver rings - told Whydah that if he went back there to try around there cause I knew with the bad viz I could not hit it properly and knew if those 2 big silvers were there - there had to be more stuff others missed - i was surprised at just what was missed. The area is loaded with old time pulltabs - me & Whydah took a bunch out in May I think, but if theyre there - others missed those pulltabs or used strong discrim. to miss them and might have missed the gold too. The small orange topaz or citrine I found in a small blow out in between some seagrass beds - the green stoned class ring was below an area where there were shallow seagrass beds - the seagrass beds in this spot were like 2 feet under water and then there are drop offs where there is no seagrass anymore (nothing to hold the sand down -so the sand gets blown out in these spots and thats where you get the oldies) I then hit a spot where i got 9 coins in about a 4ft by 6ft area - might have been an ocean pocket spill - there were 3 silver quarters, 1 silver dime, silver wartime nickel, 2 buffalos, a jefferson nickel and a wheat cent. was surprised again when I hit a small blow out and scooped up a walking liberty half. little later I got the 1955 class ring (has OLN on the face???) - again it was below the edge of a field of sea grass. The last one was a big surprise and a big ring - i was in an area where i was getting a bunch of pulltabs - I hit a blow out spot and got a loud reading and thought "its another pulltab" - It took 3 scoops and I was shocked when I saw huge clunker of a class ring staring up at me - i would have bet it was any thing but - it is also dated 1955. I cant believe the luck Im having - this was not a planned hunt - i could have went anywhere for that couple of hrs or no where. Glad i took my own advice and hit there again. Oh I have a big find I have not taken a pic of yet - will post as soon as I can get a good pic.
Other shiney ring I think is Titanium and one on far right I think is junk - also got another silver quarter (next to half) a silver rosey and small silver relig.medal found a couple of small brass ship spike pieces too
I hunted in all metal with my CZ21 and dug it all
DSC00373.JPG DSC00376.JPG
DSC00377.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TxMike

Mar 6, 2005
Columbus, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's
Fisher
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is impressive!

I hate to think what you pull out when you actually PLAN a hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread