🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got in the water around 940am
low tide was suppose to be around 1215pm
water in close was so thick with seaweed -but i dont hit close ...so
there were a few storms that went thru last night and water was churned up a little even though the surface was calm
I wasnt in the water more than 10 mins when I got the wedding band -14k
Nice when you can get one under your belt early
then I found a cross - was hoping it was discolored 10k - but its plated copper
finds were few and far between - i hit a few areas that had gathered old pulltabs
I was about 70 yards from shore and found it odd that all those pull tabs are out there but
beach was bigger 30-40 yrs ago -( I belive in global warming and know the waters are rising)
Id say the ocean has claimed maybe 20-30 yards of this beach
so where I was would have been closer to shore back then
I was getting a few thin coins here and there - got a crusty silver quarter and a crusty silver dime - then got a thin quarter (one in upper right) silver looks like 1940
I had stomach problems during the night and now with the little bit of saltwater I was drinking
(it happens when I use a snorkel) - I started burping up and coughing
Here's where having a video camera would have been interesting
I hit my 5th pulltab in a row - I look to shore and see couples walking - a few families frolicking - couple people flying kites - couple people walking their dogs - theres a pretty good breeze - air temp was probably in the high 50's - of course Im the only one in the water
I get a good signal, but real good like pulltab good. I place my scoop behind the signal - I burp up - i then spit my snorkel out and begin to cough - this breaks the beach silence and attracts looks from the beach - "hey - there's a guy out there...is that guy crazy?...hey ...whats that guy doing?...is he clamming?" Kids point and tell their parents..."Look".
I start coughing fiercely and begin to gag. This attracts even more attention. "Is he okay ?...is he drowning?"
At this point I have most of the attention of most of the people within ear shot of me. I guess i should have turned away from the masses, but there was no time to think. I threw up.
"Hey ...where'd all the tiny fish come from?"
I could not see the disgust clearly but i could tell by some of their body actions - it was not what they expected to see on this fine day. Oh well ...could not be helped.
Back to the hunt- I forgot that I still had a signal I had to recover. i lifted my scoop up only to see the beautiful glint of gold once again in the bottom of my scoop.
I thought at first it was a family crest ring, but turns out the design is impressed not raised and the design and words are backwards - It's a seal ring! Very high quality - 18k
it has a fancy design on the sides. Made my day.
did not get much after that - few sinkers - few lures - more pulltabs
and i got sick again - so I ended up calling it a day - I was only in the water about 3 hrs
I was hoping to stay out a few hrs more, but I made some nice finds - i was happy.
DSC0384.JPG DSC0387.JPG
DSC00392.JPG DSC0388.JPG

Upvote 0

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the gold and silver, hope you feel better!

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a CooL Ring A Keeper !!!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love you folks who post your found gold.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,Thanks for sharing!!!

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good old ring ! I know what it's like to puke in your regulater.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,that's a nice looking vintage ring congrats on your other finds:icon_thumleft:,,HH:hello:

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry you got sick, but the mental picture i got from your story cracked me up :laughing7:. Wish I could have seen the look on their faces. Glad you got some good stuff for your efforts..That seal ring is really classy.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yes that gold is a beauty ... sicco, really

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is makers mark inside of wedding band or guy was trying to tell his wife something
DSC00393.JPG

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG,at least you were the only one in the waters,imagine if a whole bunch were,don't open your mouths when ya swimming- ya all might just catch the after affects:laughing9::laughing7::laughing9:oops..You are one True Hunter:headbang:,you pick up all the Trash that no one wants or by pass it with their machine,that's why you get all the goods:hello2:I do the same toooo,but I just get a few finds,but once I learn to get in those waters,OMG watch out mini Casper on the loose folks:laughing9::whip2:Everything ,all your hard work you put in md-ing ,your story's and pics. shows it,,seeing is to Believe:icon_thumright:sad for that guy that lost that seal ring,it is one Beautiful one,,HH:hello:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread