Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everywhere. But what makes you think it has never been detected?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Virgin Beach? Like Jason said - Everywhere!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering what your opinions would be about where the best detecting would be on a beach that doesn't get detected? The dry sand, wet sand, or the water? I know that there are a lot of variables but this is just a general somewhat hypothetical question.
Thanks.
If it has water it has probably been detected, and this doesn't mean its been cleaned out. The Golden Olde

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
"The dry sand, wet sand, or the water?"

All of the above

Lorraine

NYwaterhunter

Jul 23, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you for real?
Get it all done!
Don't wait or you will regret.
If your sure it hasn't been done, (I don't understand how you would know that without detecting it yourself ?)
Then hit the dry first, there are more land machines out there than water machines. Then get in the water.
Then show us what you found.
GG

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I don't water hunt but we have a member on the Canadian forum who found an old abandoned beach and pulled out 75 or so gold and silver rings, bracelets, etc....pretty much dug everything from iron on up....go get 'em.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't said I found a beach I was just wondering how to approach it if I do. The reason is that I live in Japan and you don't see too many detectorists here.

Well I don't water hunt but we have a member on the Canadian forum who found an old abandoned beach and pulled out 75 or so gold and silver rings, bracelets, etc....pretty much dug everything from iron on up....go get 'em

Any chance you could show me the link? It sounds interesting.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
The few I know of in Japan that detect do very well...much like the hunters of Florida 25 years ago when bringing home 10 rings a day was a bad day. Get yourself a Excalibur and a Good scoop, Start in the wet because the chances are greater of a loss..you should get back all your investment on the machine within a few weeks and then some. The good is, Plat and high K Gold are the thing in the orient..here is a perfect example, CB in SK near Seoul

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Denarius,

The finds were posted up at various times throughout the season not as a group shot.
Don't believe it's allowed to post up links to other sites....insofar as detecting in Japan is concerned...believe there's a chap that posts up on one of the forums who finds loads of jewelry and coins and with the 500 yen coins equating to about $5.00 even the coins add up fairly fast.

Regards + HH

Bill

I haven't said I found a beach I was just wondering how to approach it if I do. The reason is that I live in Japan and you don't see too many detectorists here.

Any chance you could show me the link? It sounds interesting.

OP
OP
D

Denarius

May 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That crackbadger video is inspiring. I think if you find the right beach here you could do well. And those 500 yen coins do add up fast. I found many with my vibra tec. And if I did well with the vibra tec I can't immagine how I could do with a proper detector. I need to sus the right detector or detector combo and get it by my wife.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread