Detector(s) used
White's
Fisher
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So what do ya'll think of this beauty!
PipeTracker.jpg

Here she is attached to the whole ROV unit.
HD w PT.jpg

The unit is usually used to track subsea pipelines. We are using these in the North Sea to locate WWII munitions that were dumped overboard in areas where they are trying to build new offshore windfarms. There are a pair of hydraulic rams attached to the bottom of the Pipetracker that lower the unit down so that it is parallel to the seabed. We have found quite a few things so far. Pretty interesting.

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't recon I could swing that for 8 hrs.:laughing7: Hope y'all find some treasure. Be Safe God Bless Chris

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't recon I could swing that for 8 hrs.:laughing7: Hope y'all find some treasure. Be Safe God Bless Chris
You could hip mount it and I think you would be able to handle it.

OP
OP
T

TxMike

Mar 6, 2005
Columbus, Tx
Detector(s) used
White's
Fisher
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't know how how good it is on small gold but it is hell on old German sea mines!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I rent your machine for a few weeks, thanks Lep.:icon_thumleft: ha ha.

ottawadigs

May 11, 2011
Ottawa
that is really cool

i would be very curious to see or learn what kind of goodies you are finding with that beast

:)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what are some the "things" you have found so far? Inquiring minds want to know!

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about some pictures of those interesting things you have found?

BaronH

Jul 15, 2008
Thats insanely cool! You should keep us posted on any interesting finds you guys make. Sounds like a pretty sweet job, good luck.

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what do ya'll think of this beauty!
View attachment 689706

Here she is attached to the whole ROV unit.
View attachment 689707

The unit is usually used to track subsea pipelines. We are using these in the North Sea to locate WWII munitions that were dumped overboard in areas where they are trying to build new offshore windfarms. There are a pair of hydraulic rams attached to the bottom of the Pipetracker that lower the unit down so that it is parallel to the seabed. We have found quite a few things so far. Pretty interesting.
Hey - bring that thing to the treasure coast of florida to search out spanish treasure. Hell better yet - bring that thing somewhere off the east coast of florida to locate area's here to build windfarms offshore to create massive surf puonding the shore exposing all the spanish goodies, and create numerous jobs in the U.S.A.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I can just imagine the size of the sand scoop you would need to recover some of those targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread