Beachoholic Support Group

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck and have you great day every day!!

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was so bad about detecting that I came home one evening and noticed the bed was lumpy. I pulled back the covers and there laid my detector in all it's glory. Had to cool it for awhile!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyday I fight the desire to seek a fix, but it's tough. With Sandy moving up the coast I was feeling pretty weak so I started this support group to see if I could fight through it. :laughing7: Don't think I can make it.

Last edited:

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi...my name is Shawn......Im also a detectoraholic. I'm currently using the 12 step process and failing miserably.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi...my name is Shawn......Im also a detectoraholic. I'm currently using the 12 step process and failing miserably.

Have you tried hiding the batteries yet? :laughing7: That step almost worked for me but, well, I knew where I had hid them.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've been away at a Detecta-rehab facility ...and one of the rules there was no posting on detecting forums ( which is why I haven't been around for a while)....the withdrawal symptoms were excruciating!:BangHead:

Actually , I have severe back problems from excessive digging and scooping, but am slowly on the mend. Will be seeing the Dr. soon and maybe some PT is in the near future to help me.

I've been viewing all the great finds here, and I congratulate you all on fine detecting.Keep up the terrific finds!:headbang:

Lorraine

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been away at a Detecta-rehab facility ...and one of the rules there was no posting on detecting forums ( which is why I haven't been around for a while)....the withdrawal symptoms were excruciating!:BangHead:

Actually , I have severe back problems from excessive digging and scooping, but am slowly on the mend. Will be seeing the Dr. soon and maybe some PT is in the near future to help me.

I've been viewing all the great finds here, and I congratulate you all on fine detecting.Keep up the terrific finds!:headbang:

Lorraine

Take care of that back. :icon_thumright:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop, keep us updated on those beach conditions.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Hi...My name is Stuart...I to am a detectorholic...I was slowly recovering from a severe bout of withdrawals, and getting to feeling better. Then a few minutes ago, I was relaxing, just minding my own business, watching the weather channel. When out of nowhere they show this dang detectorist on Singer island with all these great finds during the hurricane....That is just nor right!...Don't they know there are recovering detectorists out here? Have they no compassion?...Oh well. I am ok now...just put my batteries in the charger....Maybe if I called out sick from work on Monday and Tuesday and just rode down to the beach for a little fresh air. I wouldn't have to take my detectors with me...well maybe just one.....Ohhhh. This is not going good....Now where did I put that support group number?...

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop, keep us updated on those beach conditions.

At last check.....about noon today, there are cuts and holes, some of them appearing rather large and deep. "But".....you can't get in them. Some cuts and holes were starting to form even before Sandy but the current in them was too strong because of the stiff NE winds we were getting then, just too much water being pushed onto the beach even at low tide, obviously much worse now. At this writing the wind is still blowing pretty steady, guessing about 20mph with gust up to around 30 - 35 or so. No doubt there is going to be some great hunting opportunities once you can get at the cuts and beach safely. Wind is suppose to start subsiding a little after mid-night into early morning but the surf will still be high and dangerous for at least a few more days. Might be able to get at some of the higher beach this weekend? Just going to depend on the wind and surf. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi...My name is Stuart...I to am a detectorholic...I was slowly recovering from a severe bout of withdrawals, and getting to feeling better. Then a few minutes ago, I was relaxing, just minding my own business, watching the weather channel. When out of nowhere they show this dang detectorist on Singer island with all these great finds during the hurricane....That is just nor right!...Don't they know there are recovering detectorists out here? Have they no compassion?...Oh well. I am ok now...just put my batteries in the charger....Maybe if I called out sick from work on Monday and Tuesday and just rode down to the beach for a little fresh air. I wouldn't have to take my detectors with me...well maybe just one.....Ohhhh. This is not going good....Now where did I put that support group number?...

Already tried calling. Nobody there. I wonder where they all went? :laughing7:

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bigscoop and all you other beach/detectorholics. I think it is a shame that "Sandy" is "enabling" you while you fight this crazy addiction. I will not confess to being a beach/detectorholic since I can quit anytime I want.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bigscoop and all you other beach/detectorholics. I think it is a shame that "Sandy" is "enabling" you while you fight this crazy addiction. I will not confess to being a beach/detectorholic since I can quit anytime I want.

Has anyone spoken to you about, "Denial". :laughing7:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I finally hooked up with my dealer(1700's farm house site)!!:hello2: Lep & Whydah were already there!!!!!!!! Man those guys were jonesing!!!
After hours of high times we left to go home but I needed more so of course I hit the beach for a low tide quickie!!!!:sunny:

I cant stop...... to far gone!!!

SnT

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I finally hooked up with my dealer(1700's farm house site)!!:hello2: Lep & Whydah were already there!!!!!!!! Man those guys were jonesing!!!
After hours of high times we left to go home but I needed more so of course I hit the beach for a low tide quickie!!!!:sunny:

I cant stop...... to far gone!!!

SnT

We're all here to help because we share in your agony. "Group hug." We're here for you man. :icon_thumright: :laughing7:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in denial :laughing7:..... but the wife is starting to wonder why the honey dew list isnt getting done.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread