Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried to hunt the beach today( west coast of FL) wind was so bad I got sand blasted. The good thing is the beach was starting to get some good cuts but you could not work them because the surf was to rough. Even at low tide . Walking with the wind was o.k. but going back was a b---- good thing I had a scoop and md tto steady my selfand could not hearwith the wind blowing in my ear phones.

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasnt given you much of a break out there. I walked along the shore a bit and stepped into a couple of big holes. Waves were crashing at the wave line... not much storm surge thou... that could be good. But the wind with the sand was brutal out there. No brave soles willing to get on that boat with you yesterday huh? The waves were perfect for the wind surfers.... but even they gave it up with the strong winds.

Dew

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real hard to hunt with winds that strong, you are sandblasted and feel it......From webcams on east coast surf still running high, they have high surf warnings till 8pm tonight..

OP
OP
baywalker

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time I get to hunt is when the weather is so bad I can't go fishing. there were a lot of crusted pennies showing up so who ever gets out there first after the waves let up should do real good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread