Sundays digs

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday's digs

Well, took the Jolly Roger out for another spin today, still getting "loads" of coins off the beaches. Just put another 52 quarters from today in the tumbler! Probably about the same number of dimes waiting their turn. Not that many nickles or pennies, which dosen't break my heart. (I hate nickles and pennies! :laughing7:) Anyway, did want to show you this beauty, finally got number 40 today after a Looooong dry spell. This one's 14k with 5 diamonds. Also pulled an 1842 German coin of some type?

Attachments

• ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is your coil = 0
This dot is a gold ring = .
This entire reply window is just one small section of beach.

This is my mindset when I'm really serious and hunting hard. "Grid it off and cover every single inch" because if you miss just one inch you might miss the only dot in this section of beach. When I walk away from an area I just hunted I want to feel confident that the gold was either too deep to be found or it just wasn't there at all. I don't want to walk away wondering if I missed some gold that was within my reach. :icon_thumright:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How in the heck does everyone else seem to find such amazing things, in one day no less? I know i've only been detecting a few weeks now, but I've yet to find anything of value on the beaches or anywhere else for that matter! And ive been searching in fairly affluent areas....

killer ring!!!

b r,
don't hold your breath....... it takes a bit longer than a few weeks!!!

GL
SnT

occy

Oct 21, 2012
St Aug
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal sword
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on that beaut of a ring. That coin seems a little out of place. Someone's good luck piece? Which machine were you swinging? Were most finds in or out of the water? Find a coin line?

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That is super sweet!!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that beaut of a ring. That coin seems a little out of place. Someone's good luck piece? Which machine were you swinging? Were most finds in or out of the water? Find a coin line?

CZ-21 with 10.5 coil. Disc at 1 and sens at 9.
From start of soft lower beach to driving lane.
Ring was up high, just below the driving lane, but found a couple of silvers below.

The CZ is an animal on larger, heavier jewelry pieces and coins, especially deeper pieces and coins, which a lot of the coins I found were also deeper. The diamond ring was only at about 6 - 8 inches over an area of firmer upper sand. Targets begin to diminish as you work toward the lower beach so I've been confining my hunting from the edge of the driving lane to the lower beach hump. I fully expect more targets to start showing up from the lower hump to the water line over the next couple of weeks and all winter long. The upper beach is a bit steeper now so as high tide diminishes we'll see an increase in the force and speed of the runoff, which in turn should gradually strip even a little more sand off the beach. :icon_thumleft: This is why I like from November through to spring.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
One Beautiful Ring, Big Scoop, and well earned. Hope this is the beginning of a new streeeeak....:icon_thumright:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like that one. :icon_thumright:

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
I am looking for a ring just like that for my finger. Looks like you are hunting and finding. For me, I am still in a Gold slump. $13 in change yesterday but no gold. HH, Papa

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REEL CooL !!!

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is actually a very special coin you have there! Only 452,000 minted in your year. Numista grades its rarity as 87 our of 100. (100 being the rarest) In VG20, NGC values it at $18.00. Not worth a ton, but a pretty rare and historical coin!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Congrats!

Hard won...but it sure is worth it..huh?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread