costa blanca beaches

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
I read on some forums that metal detectors are now totally banned in Catalonia, even on the beach. And that some detectorists got into trouble with the guardia civil in Mallorca and Menorca. What is your experience? I never had any problems detecting the beaches in Mallorca or Menorca. Haven't been to the spanish mainland yet but was thinking about going to the Malaga region some day. Once in Menorca the guardia civil asked me about my detecting and wished me good luck after showing my Peseta finds. I do nothing but beach and shallow water hunting and prefer solo hunting during the day. What do you think? Will the authorities tolerate detecting tourists? What is your opinion and experiences?

OP
OP
W

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi wrecker, nice to hear from you. i have had a holiday home for the last 10 or eleven years in Oliva near Denia, every year about this time , the weather changes and there are really high seas. last year i was lucky and was there for the rough seas, i was detecting near the surf line when a big wave came up to my knees. the undertow washed the sand from under my feet and down i went. got to respect the sea!! in all that time i have never had a problem,the beach police in their buggys pass every day. never had a problem! by the way --last year in the rough i got about 340 euros in 3 afternoons. wish i could do that every day. no gold though . HH steve

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Thanks for the reply, that's what I had allready thought - the spanish police probably wouldn't bother the detecting tourists too much as long as we stay on the beaches and as long as there aren't too many hunters or any complaints against beach hunters. I love Spain and beach detecting there, had 3 gold and 2 silver in two days this May in Mallorca. Maybe I'm going again for a week around Christmas. 340 Euros in 3 afternoons is very impressive, never found as much. That would almost pay for a week of vacation. Just got back from Turkey last week. Didn't have any problems there either. Nobody cared about me bringing the detector, the assistant hotel general manager came to watch me detecting the beach, said: "Ah - a detector! OK." and left. (only found 1 small wedding band, about 100 russian coins, turkish and other foreign coins. Had expected to find more jewelry though. Well- maybe next time. HH Chris

davesx

Aug 27, 2006
essex, england
Hi worthy & wrecker
I have detected on beaches on the costa del sol and I have never had a problem, locals are frendly
and have seen one or two detecting aswell.
Dave.

jbrown

Jan 18, 2005
burlington new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelad excal whites spectrum whitexlt
Spain

Hi worthy and wrecker, I have been detecting a lot of years in castellon and have never had any problems with the police. Also have had some nice finds, keep swinging

OP
OP
W

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi folks, just to mentoin that the 340 euros were found while rough seas came right up to the dunes .there are two beach bars there from june till september. was there in september this year and hardly found anything !even in the water a sand bar had formed, and there was not a lot. suspect they have a new beach cleaning machine. went to cyprus for a wedding all the cleaned up euros bought a lot of beers!!!:occasion14:hh steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread