East Coast Update 11/23/12

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NSB - Just got back from a 3hr hunt this morning at low tide. Still a fair amount of green of red coins, some lead, and loads of other junk. Lots of deeper can slaw. However, wind let up a bit this morning and there was more beach to hunt, still got to watch those surges though. Was able to work the top of the lower beach for a short while today and was hitting some targets down there, even a few pieces of junk jewelry, but the current is stiff. The lower beach was still too much current and surf but should continue to lay down some more over the next couple of days. Issue, been chilly in the morning but also warming up fast so if you go early you know the drill. Water isn't bad, in the 60's, so as long as the sun's out it's pretty comfortable in shorts and shirt, "as long as the sun stays out and the wind stays down". There are a few places where the underburden is much firmer, had my best luck whenever I came across one of these areas, still a lot of softer wet sand over most of the beach. "If" you can find a cut or wash or hole on the lower beach it should provide some interesting hunting. Seems a lot of stuff has gotten dragged down from the upper beach and also pushed onto the beach from the stronger then normal current and prolonged breakers. Some areas of the beach have already been hit pretty hard, especially the upper beach and the easy access points to about mid beach. I think there is going to be some good hunting ahead, at least "for a short while". If you give it a shot this weekend let us know how you did and your thoughts. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck next hunt!!
icon_thumleft.gif
icon_thumleft.gif
icon_thumleft.gif

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info...going to try Cocoa Beach in the morning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread