Final results of my South Florida Hunting Trip....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the final results of my South Florida Detecting trip.....I got to hunt with The Bulgarian, and got to meet Mr Gold which was a pleasure, met several other hunters as well... What I thought was a junk ring turned into a gold ring after sitting in vinegar for several days...... It is amazing what saltwater will do to gold that isn't pure..... I always thought salt water wouldn't affect gold but I learned different, that is not the case when the gold isn't pure, especially on 10k and 14 k. I guess it depends on what the base metal is that is used...Gold rings actually break, some of the other hunters found pieces of gold rings........

Total was 5 gold rings, one gold earring with tiny diamonds (found last day, tiny, only weighs .03 g it was so crusted didn't realize what it was till I got it home and cleaned), a gold name plate, 1 silver ring, 1 silver earring and a nice silver braclet.... I don't know how they lost it as it was still connected, must have fallen out a pocket.

2012-11-29 08.25.05.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds !

I miss finding Gold

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome trip! Wish I could get down there but just isn't possible. I've found some 10k stuff that wasn't very pretty after being in the saltwater for a while. It will certainly attack the other metals in with the gold. Glad you had a productive trip. :icon_thumleft: How long were you down there?

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's fantastic! How'd ya manage to hunt with the best? :occasion14: :occasion14:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always great to find gold.... and thats a lot of gold. Nothing like a group hunt..... well not to big of a group lol. Congrats again on all those fine looking tickets.

Dew

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice TH, a good trip for sure!!........:icon_thumright:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Treasure Hunter :icon_thumright: Sounds and looks like you had a great time.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice trip and nice treasure...your living up to your name Treasure Hunter...I got a 10k class ring that came out of the sand black and I thought it was silver...congrats on a great hunt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the posts, I had a great time, I was out hunted by a couple other hunters, Bulgarian found just shy of an ounce of gold........... It is always a great time and an honor to hunt with my friend The Bulgarian, you will not find a nicer gentleman......It was also great to meet Mr Gold and the other hunters, sorry forgot their names.....

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the posts, I had a great time, I was out hunted by a couple other hunters, Bulgarian found just shy of an ounce of gold........... It is always a great time and an honor to hunt with my friend The Bulgarian, you will not find a nicer gentleman......It was also great to meet Mr Gold and the other hunters, sorry forgot their names.....
Hey Treasure Hunter , I'm still waiting for that invitation to hunt with the Bulgarian.... Pretty Please!........Would love to hunt some warm water for a change...and of course with some of the better hunters that could show me a few tricks to learn... never too old to learn...by the way...great job on the Gold...

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marty it was a pleasure to hunt with you my friend.i had a great time spending it with my hunting buds.You are always welcome to hunt with me. we pulled out some nice gold pieces! :) congrats on your gold finds and thank you for being my friend.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Treasure Hunter , I'm still waiting for that invitation to hunt with the Bulgarian.... Pretty Please!........Would love to hunt some warm water for a change...and of course with some of the better hunters that could show me a few tricks to learn... never too old to learn...by the way...great job on the Gold...

Whydah you and Casper are always welcome to hunt with us, The South Florida underwater hunters. Looking forward to meet you in person soon.

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Whydah you and Casper are always welcome to hunt with us, The South Florida underwater hunters. Looking forward to meet you in person soon.
Ok may be take you up on that .... Hey just do me a favor... save at least one goodie down there for me...LOLOLOL Het great score on the rings...looks like you had the perfect storm for some old material to be uncovered.. Talk soon...

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Wow!!! Those are impressive finds!:wav:

I love the signet ring!:hello2:

Lorraine

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul - and nice friends to hunt with - sounds like good times :icon_thumright:

I met Bulgarian a few yrs back - but I was heading out of a spot I think when he and group were heading in
I was trying to hide the gold I had in my pouch

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sneaky sneaky I remember.It was a gold bracelet.
tchest.gif
protest.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread