Post Sandy 11-9 Hunt Gives up Gold With Ice :)

Bigpoppa

Feb 11, 2012
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a whole month of finds in the back of the truck and will slowly begin to post them..
Haven't hunted as much as I would like since the storm hit, but we all have our reasons...
Been down here my whole life and I have never seen anything quite like this Sandy storm...
The beaches even weeks later now, have developed some interesting troughs and gullies in spots that make for some interesting hunts..Holidays have had me busy, but I will be hunting full tilt again in a few weeks as I love the winter and cold weather...
On this particular hunt, there was a gully that ran almost the entire length of the island at low tide...Much of it was light targets at many places, but it was an interesting phenomenon to see, as I have never seen one like this ever before..
Many of the communities have done some heavy equip work and covered alot of things back up, but I still think it will be an interesting winter down here with all of the sand movement and excavation..
Found one of my more interesting mens rings so far as I would guess probably from the Seventies...It's a 14K Hallmarked with Two Diamonds set in prongs with open backs...I haven't tested them, but I have no doubt just based on the quality of the setting and the way the ring came out of the water :)

Everything came from the water, gully troughs or dead low wet sand...

Good Luck & Happy Hunting !!!

Totals for the day:
Clad... $1.77 some darkies, but nothing super old

14K Hallmarked Mens Ring 8.9 Grams with Two Diamonds

An unknown Lead object..what is it ??

Seashell junk jewelry piece, which I actually have found a duplicate of the same piece

What can I say, but what a great day out by the water...One look at the ring and I knew it was quality ...

11-9-12.jpg

Gold14KDiamonds.jpg

Gold14KDiamonds1JPG.jpg

Gold14KDiamonds4JPG.jpg

Gold14KDiamonds3JPG.jpg

LeadUnkown2JPG.jpg

LeadUnkown.jpg

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ring...havent seen one like that before...congrats.

Metal.detective

Oct 29, 2012
Roanoke Rapids NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your lead thing looks like a bullet weight used for fishing. Nice find on the ring. Good luck in the future and stay safe.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I congratulate on this gold ring!!:thumbsup:

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and Diamonds all in one hunt. Gotta love it!:icon_thumright:

Looking forward to seeing what else comes out of the back of your truck.

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
BP, congrats on a nice haul. I think one of my uncle's used to wear a ring like that, dang nice if you ask me. The 70's are still giving up some good times. Congrats again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread